jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Keyword Research and Results Numbers

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image84
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago

If I am using the google keyword tool, for example, and find what I think is a good keyword or couple of keywords, and type them into google, I'll see the number of results for that word or words.

Usually in the multi-millions...

What is a good number of results to see to allow greater success of being 'seen'

Does that make sense?

I've read a lot about results in the 300,000 range is good and provides opportunity. Any more is a waste of time.
    Is that a good rough figure to work with?

2. tamron profile image53
    tamronposted 5 years ago

300,000 or less I wrote an article about worms on ehow.  I didn.t earn a cent for a year then all of a sudden it out performed all my articles on ehow put together but when I wrote that article there was my article and a website that was it showing in search results about worms.

It is very hard to find things to write about that hasn't been written about already.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I will do the same, then play around with the title and keywords, until I can slice the numbers down further, then use it for the Hub smile takes time but, seems to work.

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image84
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

When I do that and get good low results I type my outcome back into the keyword tool and usually get zero searches. I must be missing something.

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

The keyword tool helps me figure out a guesstimate of searches. Using live search to play with the title and keyword helps in refining my title. I've only done that with a few Hubs but the summary helps too.

working