jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Do you write for hometown sites a lot?

1. bohemiotx profile image77
    bohemiotxposted 5 years ago

I really enjoy the international audience and money-making opportunities at HubPages. However, I like to write about goings on in my hometown that few people would care about even on the other side of the city. So this is my apology to HubPages for not many hubs!

1. JustMike profile image65
      JustMikeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

instead of hubs about your home city try writing say a blogger blog about your home city. Start with reviews of businesses and then the different things to do their etc. Where to have a kids birthday party the best bike and hiking trails near you. You may be surprised at the amount of traffic you get.

bohemiotxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks a bunch JustMike. That advice makes a lot of sense. Stay tuned for a First 50 in Tyler, TX hub.

2. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 5 years ago

I write for a community radio station and their website.  It's all done for free but I've learnt loads and developed my own style.  I don't get to write many hubs either but I do get feedback from all over the world from the radio.  Making money on hubpages is a great thing to do but if you want to be published by a more traditional method, I think writing in all sorts of mediums is of value and your home town sounds like an excellent place to experiment and develop.  Good on you!

bohemiotxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Glad that radio gets you known. I do feel that I'm developing a style that's really journalistic and separate from my past era of teaching remedial composition. I bet PBS is great.

working