jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Photo capsule issue: Grrr--why am I always here with a problem???

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Sorry, folks--this is getting old for me, too.

Ok, today's problem is with my first photo on my current in-progress hub,(actually a sketch I did).  There are internal captions within the sketch, and no matter how much I tried to 'stretch' the text capsule with extra words, (and yes, added another capsule to split the paragraph to show up with the related picture), there is a serious problem.

In the hub preview mode, the "see all xx photos" that comes up, (and gives you the slideshow option), is under the sketch, as per usual, BUT.... it is so close under it that the internal captions within the sketch are hidden by the option bar!! 

I cannot move those captions to the 'caption' section under the sketch, as they are position-sensitive, each matched up with a particular section within the sketch.

Suggestions for a fix????

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

A caption within the sketch may be judged as watermarked, so I would check with HubPages whether they'll be acceptable first.

DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That doesn't SEEM to be the issue...or I would think it would have been rejected?  It seems more like a "doesn't fit in the allotted space" issue..

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't saying that was causing the problem.  There is no filter that's going to catch pixelated pictures on publication, as far as I know - that's why people get indignant, because they're often not picked up until the Hub has been published for some time.

What I'm saying is, there's not much point struggling to upload the pictures if they're going to be judged illegal anyway - so maybe you should check that out first.

The "see all" caption always obscures the lower part of the first photo, I don't think you can do anything about that. The only thing I can suggest is to put your caption at the top of the first photo instead.

Oh, I see.  well, in that case, since it was just a quick sketch, I guess I can re-scan it, and edit it with extra white space at the bottom.....
            Thank you for your time.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
              Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Instead of a rescan, you can use the snippet tool (screen shot tool)and crop the caption out, then upload the revised photo.

Thanks, but the caption is a vital part of the sketch--I'd rather not eliminate it....
                Scanning is not hard--in fact, I find the screenshot tool more of a problem to use.
                Thanks for the suggestion, though.

1. Dale Hyde profile image85
                  Dale Hydeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

No problem. smile Good luck, by the way!

working