jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Can I have a different url than the topic?

1. bushraismail profile image59
    bushraismailposted 5 years ago

I wanted to create a hub on hair fall control and created the url etc and when I was in edit mode I thought I will write on how to blow dry your hair first. Can I use the same url to write the second article.

Then my url will be bushraismail.hubpages.hair-fall-contro
    but the hub topic will be 'how to blow dry your hair' is it fine?

1. Mmargie1966 profile image96
      Mmargie1966posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It is perfectly fine to have a different title from the url.  I know this from hubpages staff.  No worries, my friend, just write and change your title as you feel the need to.

bushraismailposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you. What I understand is that I can have a different url but its better to have the same url as the topic, for traffics safe.

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

What is "hair fall control"?

Sorry, cannot help. I'm not sure how you connect "hair fall control" to "blow drying hair"?

I am not connecting. I wanted to write on a certain topic but changed my mind after creating the url, can I continue with writing on another topic under the same url?

Hope you understood.
      thank you cagsil

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you just create a new URL for the new topic and leave the other one unfinished/unpublished until you get around to writing the specific topic the hub was originally created for.

You can write your topic with that URL. But, without a connection between content and URL, and Title, then you're not likely to get a lot of readers. And the readers who find your hub via it's URL "words", are more than likely to be disappointed with the content of the page.

Advise: Create new URL for new topic. Leave old URL for later subject matter.

Thank you so much. I will create a new one.

working