jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Comment box

1. eddiecarrara profile image95
    eddiecarraraposted 5 years ago

When I try to answer a comment in all my hubs, all the comment disappear including the one I was trying to post. I tried logging out of hubpages, I even tried using a different browser, still, all comments disappear when submitting a new comment.

1. AliciaC profile image97
      AliciaCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried to respond to a particular comment on my latest hub on two different computers and in two different browsers. When I refresh the page the comments people have made reappear, along with a reply that I made earlier today, but not the reply that I've just been trying to submit. I'd really like to reply to this comment because it's related to safe supplement use.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

That's odd. HubPages Staff recently fix a problem with the comment box. Maybe their fix, screwed up something else.

The only reason I say that is because you should be able to "view" your comment, regardless of what settings the author set on the comment box.

I would recommend making sure your browser is updated. Sometimes glitches happen because browser versions don't match the programming of engineers.

eddiecarraraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

i have been commenting all day without a problem, but ever since I published a video hub, all my comments disappear when I try to submit a comment on my own hubs, weird!!!

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Okay, that could be a programming problem with Video Hubs and not a browser problem. I hope staff can duplicate the problem, so it can be fixed.

Me too, I hate to leave people hanging for too long.

It's not a problem leaving people hanging. If you want you can add a note to the bottom of your hub- letting people know that because of circumstances beyond your control, you will answer comments at a later time. Leave it at that for now, until the problem is fixed.

There are some hubbers who don't even answer their comments. There are some hubbers who only answer questions posed in comments and ignore other comments. And then you have people like me who answers every comment regardless. smile

I'm the same way, I answer comments as soon as I can, thanks for the tip Cagsil.

You're welcome. smile Glad I could possibly help. smile

Closed to reply

working