jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Other websites are using my hubpages. account name

1. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago

I have just found out that some websites are using my hubpages name and profile in their own websites. What shall I do? Please have a look. Please help.

1. Pearldiver profile image88
      Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear that...

Over and above the HP TOS... would you mind listing those parties on here - WITHOUT Leaving a Link (ie: Put the site names down but Don't add dot com to them)..

This will then serve as a heads up for others here to check and see whether their work has also been highjacked!

Thanks in advance smile

Thelma Albertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Pearldiver. I´m really so confuse now that I don´t know if I´m right what I`m thinking. webstatsdomain, allthingsnow, pageinsider...I hope you´ll say, I´m wrong. Thanks.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have viewed the three sites. These sites are actually not bad sites to be listed on. They are not infringing on any copyright by posting the links that they have. These sites serve as backlinks and backlinks are supposed to be good for traffic and ranking in Google. I don't see where they have copied any of your hub material, but I may be overlooking something.

Thanks God they are not bad sites. I don´t mind backlinking. I was just so confused.  It´s clear to me now. Thanks for your help Dale Hyde.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 5 years ago

According to the HubPages terms of use, you are responsible for defending the copyrights and usage of your content.

You can go to the Learning Center and learn what a takedown notice is and how to file one when appropriate.

I have read them all over and over and understand . Asking any help and opinion from others is my first step in clarifying things before going to my next step of complaining. Thanks for your help relache.

3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you mean those sites are posting a link an 2-3 sentence excerpt, that isn;t really infringing your copyright.

1. janderson99 profile image83
      janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Its tough because these links could pull you down via Penguin, even though you have no control over them. That's my understanding and experience.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

These are not link farms from what I saw. One was a domain site and such. We can not prevent links from being posted as we don't control the URLs. True, bogus links can hurt you, but these sites do not seem, to me, to be harmful.

1. janderson99 profile image83
          janderson99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just stating the way the game has changed and how what others do without you knowlege can hurt you - I've been Penguinised via this process. I think I know which links caused the penalty but I can't get them removed.

Thank you Guys for your help. I appreciate it. Hubpages is really a good community of writers helping one another

2. psycheskinner profile image80
            psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think excerpts that brief will cause any problems with Google.

working