jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Forgetting - negative or positive? In most cases, we forget and we r

1. iwrite100 profile image55
    iwrite100posted 8 weeks ago

Forgetting - negative or positive?

In most cases, we forget and we regret the consequences of our memory lapses. Nonetheless, there are those moments that we are thankful that we forgot something. There are also those memories, events or things that it was helpful we forgot it through the years but with our state of maturity now, perhaps some deviations in the way we see life, we could recall those things and draw from it positive vibrations or energies.

Forgetting - negative or positive?

In most cases, we forget and we regret the consequences of our memory lapses. Nonetheless, there are those moments that we are thankful that we forgot something. There are also those memories, events or things that it was helpful we forgot it through the years but with our state of maturity now, perhaps some deviations in the way we see life, we could recall those things and draw from it positive vibrations or energies.

1. theraggededge profile image100
      theraggededgeposted 8 weeks agoin reply to this

big_smile You forgot you already pasted that paragraph in big_smile

Forgetting/remembering = neutral. It's the meaning we give it that makes it good or not-so-good.

iwrite100posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Oh my! I did not notice that smile

1. Ivan Hernandez profile image92
          Ivan Hernandezposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Sometimes, forgetting is good. But sometimes, I never forget what happened, like when I bit my mom on March 23, 2016, or the August 17, 2017 restraining. Those dates, I can't get out of my head.

iwrite100posted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I hope that you will forget it soon if it will make you feel better.

Ivan Hernandezposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

I hope so too.

2. peachpurple profile image81
      peachpurpleposted 7 weeks agoin reply to this

sometimes I am grateful to forget about the bad memories I had when I was young. The only thing I hate is forgetting what I should do next

2. cjnileski profile image82
    cjnileskiposted 6 weeks ago

Depending on the subject matter, yeah, forgetting is okay.  Need to remember the really important dates, like Holidays, Birthdays, success stories, and so on.

I think ladies are more into remembering dates. smile
      Or perhaps a coincidence that most of the hubbies I know have advanced senility when it comes to birthdays and anniversaries? I stand corrected smile

I signed up here on July 2016, and since then, I've writing fairly decent articles, but the past 6 have been spectacular. They've achieved hubscores in the 80s and 90s. There are a couple which have fallen in the 70s and 60s, but my top 10 articles all have a hubscore of 75 or above. I remember when I received my interactive articles badge. I also remember when I received my first niche site article. That was an accomplishment. However, I was jealous of two users at the time.

You have a really sharp memory smile

Congratulations for your achievements here smile

Thanks. I now have five articles in niche sites; two from HealDove, two from SoapBoxie, and one from RemedyGrove.

Wow! Great job!

I happen to have all those niche site articles' hubscores in the low 80s to mid 90s...maybe upper 90s If I get lucky.

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image92

If you look at my profile, I have 27 featured articles. I'm currently working on my 28th one. If it passes the QAP, then the article will be on my profile, as I have only featured articles on my profile. Also, I have earned badges either by writing great articles, or by starting great comments. Look at the badge with the blue quotation marks. That means my articles start great comments.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image100
    FatFreddysCatposted 6 weeks ago

As long as I remember my wife's birthday and our wedding anniversary, everything else can take care of itself. big_smile

iwrite100posted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

Lucky wife! smile
      My hubbie cannot even remember his own birthday lol
      So surprising him is easy smile

2. Ivan Hernandez profile image92
      Ivan Hernandezposted 6 weeks agoin reply to this

As long as I remember the important stuff, then I guess it's ok to forget the bad stuff.

working