jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

On what does a person base trust?

1. Absent Friend profile image60
    Absent Friendposted 7 years ago

On what does a person base trust?

In Rudyard Kipling', The Jungle book.  Kaar the snake is set to say "trust in me" while preparing to strike his pray dead with that fatal strike.  In life, people can be like this to deny the fact is to harbour stupidity, so how does a person decide who to trust?

2. Tranita profile image59
    Tranitaposted 7 years ago

We all know snakes bite. and why is that? Because other people have been bitten. same way with life. I mean sometimes you have to see for yourself and you can judge people unless you know them, but sometimes we over look clues that tell us that person will strike....

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Never ever trust anyone who says trust me. If they're honest that needn't be said. Think Richard Nixon!!

4. Absent Friend profile image60
    Absent Friendposted 7 years ago

Tranita.  What makes a person strike?  Is it all in the genes?
    Put another way does a snake strike because it is scared, angry-hateful, doesn't know what else to do??
    And do these factors make a difference?  After all the poison may still 'kill'.

Thanks for your answer.

5. GNelson profile image78
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

Trust is earned over time.  Make them earn your trust.

6. vocalcoach profile image96
    vocalcoachposted 7 years ago

Trust is built with integrity. You cannot have one without the other. When you have lived your life in such a way  - with truth, honesty, courage and love you have the stepping stones toward trust.

Having said that, it is important to be aware of other peoples history and actions.  If a person cannot look you in the eye, that is  a red flag - be careful.  Anyone who utters the words "trust me" is another red flag. Be aware of those that gossip, especially behind someones back.

Then there are the safety issues for which good common sense comes in to play.

If, as a child, we are neglected, lied to or abused in any way, that child grows up unable to trust.

So, how do we decide who to trust?  I think the answer exists only with the individual.  Listen to your "gut" feeling.

I hope this helps.

Blessings to you!

Closed to reply

working