If you could change 1-3 things in the world, what would it be?
Be specific and direct. Do you have an idea for world peace? Is there a different way you would handle criminals who deserve to be punished?
Do you have an idea or a new way of thinking that if you could pass on to the president, you think could be of good use on many levels?
Yes, i think that now with the Arizona Imigration Law the president should consider that there are to many familes that are separated because of this. Do you think that its fair to do this to a hundred of families like me or like you? and what happend with the Gulf of Mexico in every sense of our planet?????? You shoul see in youtube about solution of the gulf of mexico.
I would change the leadership and economics of Mexico so our immigration issue would go away.
I would eliminate "fanaticism" in any form. This should do away with the motivations that drive terrorism.
I would make it a hell of a lot harder to get through law school. If we had less attorneys, then a whole heck of a lot of problems would never arise.
That's my two cents. WB
In the long run, would it be better to manage a border between the United States of America and the United States of Mexico, or would it be easier to aquisition the territories of Mexico into the USA?
What is a decent definition of a fanatic?
1. more railroad travel, less cars.
Europe (and probably most of the world) seem to have a waaay better transportation system within their infrastructure that works to a T. why can't the US do the same?
2. the art and music programs.
why must these two areas of study get the axe? a few years ago, york (pa) city schools chopped them off in favor of other areas. without getting into many details, art and music is needed greatly because they put a lot of things---socially, economically, politically, etc---into focus. for example, a lot of the physical sciences would not exist as we know it without art. Astronomy, physics, geology...an endless list.
without music, what are our children going to do? not all of them will be (or want to be) athletes. by not being athletically inclined there has to be another outlet. so much can be done within music that the possibilities are endless. as parents i think we need to nurture our children with their given talents. i'm not a believer that if i had a boy he must play football, baseball, or basketball. i would expose him to these activities and keep a watchful eye on how he performs. you know, take stock if he likes doing it or not. this may take a few years, but i am willing to do it.
i've recently picked up the electric bass. fifteen odd years ago i wanted to be an athlete myself. due to shoulder injuries being an athlete evaporated.
3. GET RID OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!
my body (and probably a few of you as well) likes to have a rhythm when we sleep. to get up an hour forward completely throws everything haywire. really, why must we need an "extra" hour of daylight? what does that even mean? (yes, i do know ben franklin came up with this briliant idea)
Incidentally, I recently wrote a hub on this question:
http://hubpages.com/hub/Two-Commonsense … orld-Peace
1. Make it so that there is only one nation. If this proves impossible make it so that there are only six nations.
2. Alocate all resources evenly, prevent companies from becoming too large to fail, and encourage all citizens of the planet to move to strategic locations to provide the appropriate measures for a workforce, coupled with an omnidirectional industrial apparatus that works sustainably in an economic, and ecological, sense.
3. Revitalize the English language in its entirety to suit its primary purpose: to serve as a universal language for a universal tribe of mankind. This will be done by continuing in the widespread assimilation of other vocabulary words from other future former languages, such as all the ones spoken that are not english. Of course this may sound hurtful, distasteful, or audacious to some who believe that I am talking about a concern that has no place in dialogue... However this is not intended to neutralize other languages, so much as it is to render them as obsolete versions linguistic communication as the splinters of our global tribe continue to mend and reform to a the versatile shape of a universal tribe of man.
(1) Every child having an equal playing field as far as education and socioeconomic opportunities go. All smart children, regardless of socioecnomic background, should have free access to the best education possible from pre-kindegarten to higher tertiary levels.
(2) All able bodied individuals on welfare and other public assistance programs should be mandated to work. There should be more stringent implementation of work program to help welfare recipients be contributing members to society.
(3) There should be an easier way to terminate inefficient government employees. As it stands, it is extremely difficult to fire government employees unless it it time and attendance issues. Government employees who are insubordinate and unsatisfactory employees oftentimes remain on the job because of strong unions. However, there should be plan to terminate insubordinate and unsatisfactory employees after 3 write ups. Why should taxpayers pay their taxes to support less than satisfactory employees. Private companies fire such employees why should the government be any different.
by My Esoteric 3 years ago
If you were King for a day, what elements of of the U.S. Constitution amd its Amendments would you want to see deleted, repealed, added, or mofified to make it fit more to the way the SIGNERS of the Constitution intended it to mean, given their philosophical druthers and not the political realities...
by Ralph Schwartz 2 years ago
Should Government employees be disallowed from using the Fifth Amendment?Recently Attorney General Loretta Lynch took the 5th p, declining to comply with an investigation by leading members of Congress about the Obama administration’s secret efforts to send Iran $1.7 billion in cash earlier this...
by collegedad 5 years ago
Should government employees and/or officials be allowed to break the law?A friend of mine recently received a ticket. In the process of producing the case against my buddy three county employees violated five state laws. These violations are being ignored, because they involve the Sheriff himself,...
by nightwork4 7 years ago
Should severance packages be paid to government employees that are forced to resign?if they resign because they did something unethical or illegal, should they still recieve severance packages?
by StellaSee 6 years ago
What are 3 things you can't live without?Mine would be 1. Friends and family 2. music 3. creative expression. What's yours?
by accofranco 5 years ago
I love America so much and I really hope to see America last longer as the world's most powerful nation, but not with the way things are going right now in America.Anyway, to cut the long story short, I have studied the American society from afar and I have come to discover three major things that...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|