If you could change 1-3 things in the world, what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. darrylcrawford profile image68
    darrylcrawfordposted 13 years ago

If you could change 1-3 things in the world, what would it be?

Be specific and direct. Do you have an idea for world peace? Is there a different way you would handle criminals who deserve to be punished?

Do you have an idea or a new way of thinking that if you could pass on to the president, you think could be of good use on many levels?

2. rhode profile image59
    rhodeposted 13 years ago

Yes, i think that now with the Arizona Imigration Law the president should consider that there are to many familes that are separated because of this. Do you think that its fair to do this to a hundred of families like me or like you? and what happend with the Gulf of Mexico in every sense of our planet?????? You shoul see in youtube about solution of the gulf of mexico.

3. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 13 years ago

I would change the leadership and economics of Mexico so our immigration issue would go away.

I would eliminate "fanaticism" in any form. This should do away with the motivations that drive terrorism.

I would make it a hell of a lot harder to get through law school. If we had less attorneys, then a whole heck of a lot of problems would never arise.

That's my two cents. WB

1. andrew savage profile image58
      andrew savageposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In the long run, would it be better to manage a border between the United States of America and the United States of Mexico, or would it be easier to aquisition the territories of Mexico into the USA?
      What is a decent definition of a fanatic?

4. profile image58
    MJD252posted 13 years ago

1. more railroad travel, less cars.
    Europe (and probably most of the world) seem to have a waaay better transportation system within their infrastructure that works to a T. why can't the US do the same?

2. the art and music programs.
    why must these two areas of study get the axe? a few years ago, york (pa) city schools chopped them off in favor of other areas. without getting into many details, art and music is needed greatly because they put a lot of things---socially, economically, politically, etc---into focus. for example, a lot of the physical sciences would not exist as we know it without art. Astronomy, physics, geology...an endless list.

without music, what are our children going to do? not all of them will be (or want to be) athletes. by not being athletically inclined there has to be another outlet. so much can be done within music that the possibilities are endless. as parents i think we need to nurture our children with their given talents. i'm not a believer that if i had a boy he must play football, baseball, or basketball. i would expose him to these activities and keep a watchful eye on how he performs. you know, take stock if he likes doing it or not. this may take a few years, but i am willing to do it.

i've recently picked up the electric bass. fifteen odd years ago i wanted to be an athlete myself. due to shoulder injuries being an athlete evaporated.

3. GET RID OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME!!!
    my body (and probably a few of you as well) likes to have a rhythm when we sleep. to get up an hour forward completely throws everything haywire. really, why must we need an "extra" hour of daylight? what does that even mean? (yes, i do know ben franklin came up with this briliant idea)

5. Goodpal profile image75
    Goodpalposted 13 years ago

Incidentally, I recently wrote a hub on this question:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Two-Commonsense … orld-Peace

6. andrew savage profile image58
    andrew savageposted 11 years ago

1. Make it so that there is only one nation. If this proves impossible make it so that there are only six nations.

2. Alocate all resources evenly, prevent companies from becoming too large to fail, and encourage all citizens of the planet to move to strategic locations to provide the appropriate measures for a workforce, coupled with an omnidirectional industrial apparatus that works sustainably in an economic, and ecological, sense.

3. Revitalize the English language in its entirety to suit its primary purpose: to serve as a universal language for a universal tribe of mankind. This will be done by continuing in the widespread assimilation of other vocabulary words from other future former languages, such as all the ones spoken that are not english. Of course this may sound hurtful, distasteful, or audacious to some who believe that I am talking about a concern that has no place in dialogue... However this is not intended to neutralize other languages, so much as it is to render them as obsolete versions linguistic communication as the splinters of our global tribe continue to mend and reform to a the versatile shape of a universal tribe of man.

7. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

(1) Every child having an equal playing field as far as education and socioeconomic opportunities go. All smart children, regardless of socioecnomic background, should have free access to the best education possible from pre-kindegarten to higher tertiary levels.

(2) All able bodied individuals on welfare and other public assistance programs should be mandated to work.  There should be more stringent implementation of work program to help welfare recipients be contributing members to society.

(3) There should be an easier way to terminate inefficient government employees. As it stands, it is extremely difficult to fire government employees unless it it time and attendance issues. Government employees who are insubordinate and unsatisfactory employees oftentimes remain on the job because of strong unions.  However, there should be plan to terminate insubordinate and unsatisfactory employees after 3 write ups.  Why should taxpayers pay their taxes to support less than satisfactory employees.  Private companies fire such employees why should the government be any different.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)