jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is it like to live in a small town?

1. Shil1978 profile image91
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

What is it like to live in a small town?

2. romper20 profile image86
    romper20posted 7 years ago

It depends on the area that you are living. In my opinion, life is slower in the sense that you know everyone. Less traffic, more understanding, and to say it plain a connection with the area.

3. Shil1978 profile image91
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Thanks Romper for answering - I agree. In general, I've preferred living in small towns - like the feel of it, the slow pace, etc. There are cons, but I guess it comes down to individual preference. The grass always seems greener on the other side!!

4. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

It can be really good as there are a lot of benefits ! Alot less traffic , no lights . You get to know the locals and spend more quality time together .
    I ride my bike down to the shops & everyone says hello !
    It depends on your interests are as if you are into going shopping in a big mall everyday , going to the movies a lot & dining out then it wouldnt suit you.

5. gravy92 profile image54
    gravy92posted 7 years ago

it stinks lol my town has about 300 people and none of my friends live in the town they all live about 15 mins or longer away. so we dont get to do very many things together. On a normal day i get on the computer and watch tv thats sall there is to do smile haha.

6. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

I have never lived in one but, would love to live in it. I have this wonderful illusion that living in a SMALL town is like living with a BIG family where everyone knows you and you are totally safe and there is harmony and peace in that town.