jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Are you the sort of person who always plans ahead, or do you live in the moment?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 7 years ago

Are you the sort of person who always plans ahead, or do you live in the moment? Reasons?

2. jennshealthstore profile image90
    jennshealthstoreposted 7 years ago

I must say, I like to plan things ahead. It is good to keep a schedule. It keeps things in order. But it doesn't always turn out that way, if something suddenly pops up that I would like to do, I have no problem going off track. I am also the type of person who thinks of something I want to do or get, and I have to do it now. It's crazy. Example, the other day for some reason I wanted to buy a toe ring. Don't ask me why. I just wanted a toe ring. Well I did not want to wait, so I ran to like 10 stores looking for one. I finally found one. Lol.. I guess I am split on this one.

3. telltale profile image75
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

I would like to plan ahead as much as I possibly can, so that there are no surprises which can put my plans in jeopardy.  But having said that, surprises seem to always pop up, and expectations may go astray.  Fortunately, I normally work out a backup plan ahead, in the event there are changes which may cause total disarray to the original plan and may become chaotic, at worst.  It is difficult to live in the moment and would like to think I am organized - that's why it is essential to plan ahead, that's for me.

4. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 7 years ago

Plan ahead ?! well I have decided what to do for tea tonight  & I will be in trouble if I dont show up at work monday !
    I have got 3 things planned in the next week but only as thats the day the events are on, watching speedway tomorrow, meal & show friday & market stall saturday , exception is I have put my daughters wedding in my diary in October !

5. deidrewilliams profile image55
    deidrewilliamsposted 7 years ago

I sometimes plan ahead, and generally it goes okay, but I also live in the moment, and enjoy it while I can!

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

In truth one can only live for the moment day by day. Our lives as humans are finite. It is only our spirit that is infinite.

7. profile image0
    DinnerMomposted 7 years ago

Well...since I'm an advocate of make ahead and freeze meals, you would think that I am in fact a planner. And, I do have to do a little planning to get everything made and frozen. Yet, this process actually gives me more freedom to live in the moment because my family can eat what we want pretty much at the spur of the moment (i.e., not waiting for me to go to the grocery store, make everything, etc.) I like to have a plan and the freedom to change it as often as like!

8. Stephanie Henkel profile image96
    Stephanie Henkelposted 7 years ago

Live in the moment to enjoy each minute of your life. Children, artists and creative people live in the moment as they focus on their activities. You can live in the moments of your every day life. read more

working