jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Where do you plan to live when and if you retire and in what sort of facility or

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years ago

Where do you plan to live when and if you retire and in what sort of facility or other dwelling?

2. Junior90 profile image59
    Junior90posted 3 years ago

Back home in fiji, is where i will spend my days there with the family

Patty Inglish, MSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Photos of Fiji are beautiful and family is a treasure.

3. krantcents profile image60
    krantcentsposted 3 years ago

I will live in Los Angeles where I have lived for the last 43 years in a single level home. I plan to stay independent for as long as possible.

That is admirable! I wish you long life and joy.

4. KwameG profile image59
    KwameGposted 3 years ago

Small town Mississippi or the Mississippi Gulf Coast, but do as much traveling as possible. RV lifestyle

5. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

We have a plan and work on it each week in some way. We have 2 years-10 months-19 days. Our retirement date is 06/01/2017. We are urgently selling things and preparing to a move into an open range fifth wheel, pulled by a GMC 3/4 ton truck. We will then head to the mountains as we plan on working some of our retirement in the Grand Canyon , Sequoia, orMesa Verde National lPark. We will then head south by the end of October. We haven't decided if we will work somewhere down south or just have fun. Anything will be more fun than our dreaded jobs now. It can't come soon enough. We plan on staying in New Mexico or Arizona through the winter.

That all sounds wonderful!  Thanks for reminding us about National Parks and jobs for mature folks! Best of life to you!

6. FeniqueS profile image76
    FeniqueSposted 3 years ago

I live in a Senior Apartment complex now.  Looking at either North Dakota or the Caribbean or both.   I do feel in my gut its time to go and do for me after four children and raising 4 of my 10 grandchildren.  And my baby boy (23) is moving to Japan so nothing to keep me here.

Your time is truly your own now! Lots going on in N. Dakota.  Caribbean is great place to go.  Cheers!

2. Penny G profile image72
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like a wonderful plan, and you so deserve it !

working