jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What qualities does a good teacher have?

1. aspiretoinspire profile image59
    aspiretoinspireposted 7 years ago

What qualities does a good teacher have?

I greatly admire those who have this seemingly effortless way of teaching or imparting their knowledge in an interesting way, whether at school/uni or in the workplace. What qualities do you think these people have? And can it be emulated?

2. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

When i look back it is their  passion for what they taught  that instilled in me a love for the subject. Their ability to answer questions and openess to learn has made them look more human.The ease and the poise with which they dealt with the students and the values they stood up for  have inspired me.

3. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

enthusiasm for students, learning and subject is important.  Instilling creativity in their teaching methods is paramount.  Having empathy for those students who need more explanation, instruction or support.  Some of these qualities can be emulated; others are simply innate and tend to separate the ordinary teachers from the extraordinary.

4. adonia profile image71
    adoniaposted 7 years ago

A good teacher should have Passion to teach & passion to learn also. A good teacher should always close to weak student
    rather than being close to brilliant student.

5. Rimzim profile image60
    Rimzimposted 7 years ago

Hi Aspiretoinspire,
    Necessary quality is love to students & wants to solved their problems. He/she also love to teaching ( Means teaching is your passion ).
    I see many teachers they only accept teaching as career because not other place they find good job, this condition not good for student nor for teachers as well.
    I see a teacher she not hit/punish a single student in her whole career, she wants helps student everytime (by heart & by mind).

Closed to reply

working