jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

It is good to believe in yourself , but what do you do when something is not in

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

It is good to believe in yourself , but what do you do when something is not in your power?

2. Apostle Jack profile image62
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

It is not good to believe in your self above God.It's good to believe in the God within you of which is the real power sorce.We need great stability 24/7 ,and its more than we can give ourselves to mantain and accomplish that.
    I believe in the wonders and powers of nature.
    But i believe more in God who created it.

3. profile image0
    Ozydiousposted 7 years ago

Ummmm.... why is it that whenever I see a question or hub, there seems to be a religious fanatic attached to it... I mean come on... how can people be confined by such blind faith?

Anyway...
    It is definitely good to believe in yourself above all for true power can only come from within. If you have no self worth then you cannot function as a human being as you will fall into a depression. And as for not believing in yourself above god.... well to each their own but Apostle Jack is wrong....

When something is not in your power you should strive to enable it so. If you can alter something even in the slightest then you should strive to do so. I want to eradicate religion and so on and so forth, but I cannot do it in one fell swoop or by myself, so I use Hub Pages to voice my opinions. (as well as by other means).

So to summarize:
    If something is not within your power, strive to do something about it. Whether it is to solicit other peoples help or to actually do something yourself about it yourself. And don't listen to these religious neutrionic scorn.

4. kathypi profile image56
    kathypiposted 7 years ago

I do not consider myself a religious fanatic, but if something is beyond my control, I do pray about it and put it in God's hands.

working