jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Scientists have discovered a new planetary system. Does this prove there's alien

1. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 7 years ago

Scientists have discovered a new planetary system. Does this prove there's alien life out there?

They have discovered a sunlike star with 7 planets. It is speculated that there could be a planet much like earth.

2. MrCTMProductions profile image55
    MrCTMProductionsposted 7 years ago

It's not exactly proof, it just suggests that it is possible for beings to live. Unless we visit, or find signs of human life, it is impossible to tell.

3. GD Nunes profile image91
    GD Nunesposted 7 years ago

It doesn't prove that there is life out there, but it is encouraging. It does suggest that planetary systems similar to our own solar system might not be rare in our galaxy.

In a solar system similar to our own, with planets in the so-called habitable zone where conditions can support life, it is reasonable to assume that we COULD find life there, but that doesn't mean there MUST be life there.

With the way technology and techniques of discovering and examining extrasolar planets are advancing, however, I think we will find proof of life out there. It will take a while, we're not there yet, but I expect it will happen in my lifetime (I'm 50 years old).

4. profile image50
    I am Odysseusposted 7 years ago

I invite you to check out my first blog. In it I have some of the latest statistical data concerning the estimated number of habitable planets. You may be excited to find that are so many that it begs the question, 'how could there not be life out there'?!
    I hope this helps..
    I am Odysseus

5. profile image0
    Lweinbergposted 7 years ago

If you're talking about Gliese 581 I have a hub written about it, but there is no actual proof. There are only assumptions and equations such as the Drake Equation, though those are only based on inane guesses.