jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there a way to stop procrastination and get my mind on things I need to get d

1. Thunder Vixen profile image60
    Thunder Vixenposted 7 years ago

Is there a way to stop procrastination and get my mind on things I need to get done the most?

Need my mind off other things with so much to do.

2. jdflom profile image78
    jdflomposted 7 years ago

Make a list and write down everything you want to accomplish for the day. Muster up the willpower and motivation to get it done, doing the harder stuff first. Offer yourself a reward when you have completed it.

You may also need to just put yourself in the mindset of: "I have to complete this before I do anything else." Also think to yourself, "If I get this done now, I don't have to worry about it later!"

3. rollingdufflebag profile image57
    rollingdufflebagposted 7 years ago

You could beging by asking yourself why you want/need to get these things done the most - I mean get really clear on this. The clearer you are on th why - the easier the how becomes. yikes)

4. wandererh profile image77
    wandererhposted 6 years ago

I think the answer is different for different people but what could really help is to get to the root of why you are procrastinating.  You might want to try to establish to yourself why what you are doing is really important to you because if it is, I doubt if procrastination will be a problem.  I mean, if you are in a burning building, I'm sure that you agree that it is really important that you get out of there and you will definitely not procrastinate in doing so.

working