jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the meaning of "SCIENCE"...?

1. saich profile image53
    saichposted 7 years ago

What is the meaning of "SCIENCE"...?

2. profile image49
    binu12posted 7 years ago

Science (from the Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is an enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the natural world.

In its oldest and broadest sense, science is also the resulting body of reliable knowledge that can be logically and convincingly explained

3. profile image0
    ankigarg87posted 7 years ago

Science refers to a system of acquiring knowledge. This system uses observation and experimentation to describe and explain natural phenomena. The term science also refers to the organized body of knowledge people have gained using that system. Less formally, the word science often describes any systematic field of study or the knowledge gained from it.

4. spookyfox profile image72
    spookyfoxposted 7 years ago

In the words of Carl Sagan:
    "Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge."

5. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I don't know about science but,let me introduce you to "Spirituality"...http;//www.hubpages.com/hub/The-Race-for-Integrity

6. eslevy17 profile image58
    eslevy17posted 7 years ago

I like to describe it as "checking." With religion you say something, write it down on a book and say it's divine, then get mad at anyone who says otherwise. With science, you look around, try to figure out what's going on, and then check to make sure it's right. So I think it's pretty clear which one will get us to the truth.