jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What made you think about going back to school?

1. tdebrick profile image60
    tdebrickposted 7 years ago

What made you think about going back to school?

2. HannahRiley profile image57
    HannahRileyposted 7 years ago

Alot of people go back because they either are tired of what they are doing, have time for school & are doing what they orginially wanted to, have money for school now, want to pursue a dream?

3. Jed Fisher profile image88
    Jed Fisherposted 7 years ago

I dropped out of college in the 80's and joined the Army.
    A coulpe of years ago I retired from the Army and needed a mechanism to help me adjust. It was like stepping out of society for two decades and then suddleny being thrust back in, so I sought comfort in Academia. I have graduated and am very proud of my degree. I will say this, classes are harder and students are smarter now than they were 20 years ago.

4. profile image46
    pmorrissposted 7 years ago

Well, there were several reasons why I decided to go back to school. The prime reason being, that I wanted to make a living for myself. The other reason for me to go back to school was that I wanted to study and acquire some new skills. I considered several college degree programs ( http://www.cc-sd.edu/college-degree-program.html ), which were career focused, and finally enrolled  at California College San Diego. The college is pretty good and offers various career-oriented programs of both Associate’s and Bachelor’s level.

working