jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How and Why would aliens abduct people?

1. LOT2DO profile image37
    LOT2DOposted 7 years ago

How and Why would aliens abduct people?

2. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

If this phenomena is true then there could be many reasons why abduction occurs - experiments, curiosity, something in our bodies they want/need? The list could go on and on. Going with some evidence it would seem to suggest that animals are also on the hit list. Animal mutilations have been around for many years now and still cause a lot of scratching of heads - personally I feel sorry for the poor animals as they don't seem to have had a good time of it with the so-called 'aliens'. Now whether it is aliens or not, these poor creatures have died and that is a worry! Which begs the question:

...if 'they' are so advanced, why do they need to 'abduct' at all.? Why do they need to kill animals? Haven't they got the technology to sort their own problems out - if that is the reason for snatching people/animals? Secondly their methods would seem to be nothing short of barbaric. 'Abductees' have reported feeling immense pain during and after an abduction scenario - at least with our medics we get anasthesia etc.. Perhaps they are a species that does not recognise pain/fear or perhaps they don't care? Either way they seem to be backwards to me, not superior. How they abduct - there seems to be a method which implies some form of hypnosis/paralysis that makes people co-operate.

At the end of the day whether these scenarios are actually happening or there is some other explanation other than aliens is still up for debate.

3. Jefsaid profile image73
    Jefsaidposted 7 years ago

Who knows?  Depending on your stance regarding alien existence, it could be for any reason.  The case might be that there are many species of life forms (I touch on this in my hub 'Are we just one of many life forms?', if your interested) who have different reasons for coming here in the first place.  If you believe they are visitors with a similar mentality to us as humans then it is likely they are capturing sample specimens much as we do with animals on Earth.  However, there is the alternative belief that alien intervention took place in our ancient history and they might be just checking on how well we are evolving.  There again they could be so different to us that we could never understand what they are doing. The reality is that, if indeed you believe in there existence, unless they tell or show us we can only speculate.  I see no logical reason not to believe.

4. Right On Time profile image64
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

They abducted me because of my genetic prowess I'm fine now.