jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?

1. ChilliWilly profile image59
    ChilliWillyposted 7 years ago

Why isn’t there mouse-flavored cat food?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

My cat liked grasshoppers, lizards and sparrows too.
    If  cat food was being sold directly to cats, I'm sure they might have other flavors.
    The truth is, however, that humans actually buy the food. Therefore, cats get filet mignon and roast chicken flavors.
    If there were mouse-flavored  catfood, cats might not bother with hunting mice, so maybe it's just as well.

3. f_hruz profile image73
    f_hruzposted 7 years ago

It's a marketing thing ... ever been to a survey group meeting?

People buy cat food for their pets while looking at them almost like a baby ... from that perspective they will never even come to think of them as an animal which would like to catch and eat a mouse ... even the idea of buying something to do with a mouse and bringing it into their home maybe quite repulsive to these enstranged consumers ... so the manufacturers will sooner create cheese cake flavoured cat food, if it sells well ... smile

4. Rusty C. Adore profile image94
    Rusty C. Adoreposted 7 years ago

It may not say mouse flavored on the can, but I'm sure that there is a bit of mouse in there somewhere. That's cheap meat! They can catch it anywhere in their factories and add it into the gravy. smile

5. christoss1959 profile image73
    christoss1959posted 7 years ago

Legendary question!
    Probably because people wouldn't buy it because they see mouse as discusting and tuna (and other flavors) as appealing since they eat it too..

6. profile image0
    vinsanityposted 7 years ago

Because cats would love it too much and then eat way too much, thus making them fat....and not as much fun.

7. prasannastudies profile image59
    prasannastudiesposted 7 years ago

Many people used to borrow from other. but mouse don't have that tendency to take food from cat... same way cat also.. both are very satisfied from each other.... but as we are human beings .. we also have to behave like cat and mouse....

8. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

The computer hardware manufacturers would never stand for it.   And as cat aren't vegetarian, apples are out.

9. ndnfoodie530 profile image59
    ndnfoodie530posted 7 years ago

That's the best question ever. My take on why they don't make mouse flavored cat treats? Probably the same reason there are not cat poop flavored dog treats-someones' gonna get all sensitive and whatever.