jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you SURE of your calling in life,whatever it maybe?

1. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Are you SURE of your calling in life,whatever it maybe?

2. Tina2011 profile image61
    Tina2011posted 6 years ago

I was NEVER sure of what my calling in life was. I sort of drifted along on the sea of life. I stayed in some ports longer than others; but there was one common thread I noticed along the way. I enjoyed helping people solve problems or just solved problems myself when faced with situations that I had never even studied or experienced before. I just "knew" what to do.  I became a "go to" person in all my jobs and among my friends and acquaintances. I helped people discover what their calling was or helped them to make their decisions to study X or Y subjects in college or pursue and/or change careers.  So I like to say my calling is life coaching.

3. victor3 profile image61
    victor3posted 6 years ago

i am not sure that is the only thing that I can say for sure

4. Dr. Wendy profile image67
    Dr. Wendyposted 6 years ago

Yes, I am sure.  My main calling is to be a mom.  My secondary calling is to reach people with the truth about health and healing.  I have had to put that one on hold, but am working on it now.

5. revmjm profile image88
    revmjmposted 6 years ago

OH Yes! Oh YES! OH YES! I am sure of my calling. I am blessed that I have always known what my calling was. I have been walking in my calling almost all my life.

I knew God called me to share information with others. Therefore, I was called to become a teacher. Then God transferred those skilled and I became a Christian educator. It was written in my high school year book that I would be a writer and a minister. That's exactly what I am today.

My calling is the same as my vocation and career. My ministry is the same as my job.

I am living a fulfilled life because I am walking and working in my calling. So, yes I am sure...I am absolutely sure of my CALLING.

6. Dachusblot profile image56
    Dachusblotposted 6 years ago

My calling is be a collector and distributor of knowledge and ideas smile
    I know that sounds kind of vague... What I mean is that I know it's my calling to learn as much as I can, from every source I can find, and to share what I've learned with other people through teaching, writing and art. Whether it's factual knowledge or simply meditations on the meaning of life, the universe and everything. I've been writing stories, making art, and talking the ears off everyone I know since I was about 3 or 4 years old. God has given me a passion that I can't shake, even if I wanted to.
    So, to answer your question - yes, I'm pretty sure smile

7. thougtforce profile image90
    thougtforceposted 6 years ago

Yes I do, but my calling is shifting now and then! My calling is to learn new things and develop through learning! I am really  passionate of what I do when I do it, and since I use my passion in everything I do I am mostly pretty good on it. I worked in health care for about 20 years and then it sure was my calling. I longed for work even on my vacations! But when I start to feel too comfortable with my duties, when it becomes routine, then I quit! And that has become a pattern! Either I am passionate about something and do my work really good or I am on my way to something new! And I love it!
    Fortunately, that isn’t the case in my love relationships! Here is my calling my husband!

working