jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Whats the best way to write a resume these days?

1. bman3725 profile image61
    bman3725posted 7 years ago

Whats the best way to write a resume these days?

Seems everything changes these days and things on resumes aren't needed as much these days and other things and content are needed more so. What are some suggestions or web sites for examples?

2. profile image0
    Wire-Zoneposted 7 years ago

If you can gain access in anyway, I suggest a great tool called Optimal Resume. Kaplan University uses it and I love it.

3. lemmyC profile image79
    lemmyCposted 7 years ago

Resume or CV is a sales copy which you use to sell the benefits of your skills to your a would be employer. The format has not really changes but people are becoming more aware of the purpose of the resume. Simply, a simple document about your career track to persuade the employer to invite you to an interview.
    There are different sections to a CV.
    .>Information about you
    > Personal Profile
    > Skill and experience
    > Education profile
    > Professional Experience and Achievements
    > Other Work Experience
    > Personal
    > Reference
    The information about you is a section containing your name, address, phone number and email.

The personal profile section beins with the Job that you are looking for. And a personal statement about you.
    Who you are
    How you do it
    What you do
    It's like a promse to the employer about your personality to help him solve his problem, A the end of the day, the employer has a problem and you will be the solution,

List your skills and experience that you'll bring to the new job.

What is your educational background?

List your past jobs and durations; but be clear to sell youself here. his is where you have to show to the employer that you have the skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience to solve his problem. Your past performance they say is an indicator of future performance.  Use power words to highlight what you did as you tell your story. Use FAB (Feature, Aanlysis, and benefit ) to  highlight your achievements.

Do the same for other work experience not as relevant as the on you're are targeting. Remember to harp all your transferable skills.

Personal. It's optional
    Just few information  that may be relevant - Status:                        Status:                                      Single .
    Work :                    British Citizen
    Driving license:                Full Clean

Reference available on request

Check out this website - http://www.cv-service.org/
    I hope this helps.

4. Sir Dragon profile image61
    Sir Dragonposted 7 years ago

It is my belief that potential employers are generally looking for the most attractive presentation, primarily because there may be many other resumes on the desk that needs to be reviewed. I would suggest that ones highest achievements should be listed first. Avoid, for instance, listing first, that you are the captain of your bowling team, but instead, list your college degrees and education on the first page.

If no college degree, then list other vocational education and achievements, and present them at the highest level on the first page. For example - 12 years as a high school soccer coach, or, 10 years as a Chef, or, a Diesel mechanic might include all the areas in which they are certified.

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

I've written several Hubs on resumes, based on professional experience. I still activelyprepare resume packages and portfolios for clients. Here's a full page of help and and links:

Best wishes!

6. profile image45
    heenahposted 6 years ago

Just spend $20 and get a professional resume instead, from HelpVilla.com  ($5 cover letter)