Anyone have any advise for people going into college?

1. chasemillis profile image65
    chasemillisposted 6 years ago

Anyone have any advise for people going into college?

Is there anything you wish you knew before you got to college? I'm just wondering because I'm heading off to A&M next year...I doubt there's a whole lot but idk their might be a few things

2. wolfissac profile image58
    wolfissacposted 6 years ago

As a recent AAS grad and someone who's getting ready to start a BA the one thing that you should avoid is the psychological factor. Basically, you are only as busy and the work is only as hard as you think it is. You wouldn't believe how much time we actually waste without realizing or how easy work is when we just sit down and do it. Another thing I would avoid is getting a full time job, you'll go insane I've seen it. Part time is much better. If there are any other specific questions you have let me know.

3. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Don't be afraid to ask questions.  Don't study so hard that you don't have any fun, but don't have so much fun that you don't study hard.  Go to class, because some teachers give credit just for showing up.

Don't jump into a relationship as soon as you get there, and if you do, don't expect it to last.  Anyone that does you wrong, don't fool with them, but forgive them nonetheless.  Don't do anyone else wrong either.

Don't go partying and drinking and smoking, etc, just for the sake of getting the experience, especially if you're underage.  There are plenty of ways to have fun without risking getting into trouble.

I would personally rather have a few good friends than a lot of so-so ones.  Popularity is no longer important once you've left high school.  In fact, the "popular" ones are usually the ones that everybody runs out on at the end of the day because they are too fake or mean or try too hard to control their environment and the people in it.  Be real.

Last but not least, if you are Christian, find a ministry to get involved in.  Once you get out of the habit of going to church, it is HARD to get back in, so get involved as soon as you start.

working