jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hi I am 33 years old and I am withdrawing from college to take care of my severl

  1. concernedsister profile image51
    concernedsisterposted 6 years ago

    Hi I am 33 years old and I am withdrawing from college to take care of my severly brain damaged twin

    Jason my twin brother has been in the care of my mother and father since 2002. My parents can no longer give him the care he needs. My husband and I are taking over. I have been trying to find out if there is any way I may be able to recieve finicial help for taking care of him.We live in Indiana and I am at a dead end I would greatly appericate any help!

  2. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

    I would advise talking to a lawyer that deals with disability claims.  They would know a lot more about that kind of stuff, about government assistance and programs.  There has to be some kind of program .

  3. graveyard-rose profile image80
    graveyard-roseposted 4 years ago

    This is a very big responsibility. Along with the disabled paycheck, assuming you get one. (If not, then you should.) You can get help from the state. They will help with medical care, food, transportation if they need it. You may even be able to get a nurse to help here and there. Also, the state will license you to take care of your twin. aka pay for doing it. To inquire about all this, call your local DHS office. Just do a search in Google for "city your in" Indiana DHS office.... Make an appointment with a Social Worker and they will get the ball rolling for you. Depending on how quick you need the services they will help you get it quick. Good luck and God will repay you for your kindness.

    As for college, I suggest transferring to an online school. They are great. I am going to University of Phoenix. Do NOT use AIU!!! (Bad experiences) You are capable of anything you put your mind to.

  4. Lady Guinevere profile image59
    Lady Guinevereposted 4 years ago

    I wrote a hub about that very same thing a while ago.  It has lots of information and contacts that you can contact for more information.
    http://ladyguinevere.hubpages.com/hub/H … n-Injuries