jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the #1 important thing college students forget to pack?

1. K9keystrokes profile image92
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What is the #1 important thing college students forget to pack?

2. sstokes90 profile image57
    sstokes90posted 6 years ago

I think it varies for each student. Personally, I forgot a lot of stuff! If I had to look at the overall population I would say the number 1 most forgotten item is raingear.

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

I would say most students forget to pack medicine.  The only time they consider it is when they are laying in bed with a headache and they don't have any Tylenol.  I always tell college students to remember to take pain medicine and cold medicine for the dorm.  By the time they need it, they won't feel up to going out to get it.

4. profile image55
    TamRollposted 6 years ago

All great answers so far. In my time working at a college, I would also say that power adapters/strips and tools are often overlooked as neccessary.

Tools you ask? For tightening that desk chair screw or assembling the new tv stand of course!

5. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Most college students I knew overpacked not underpacked! But I agree that medicine, and power strips were definitely forgotten items amongst my residents.  Another majorly forgotten item was dish soap! Just because you don't have a kitchen doesn't mean you won't have dishes.  Even plates from PB&J need to get washed once in awhile.

6. Sarah Christina profile image83
    Sarah Christinaposted 5 years ago

A can opener....I totally forgot it, and I remember staying my first night in my studio near campus and was gonna have some canned chili for dinner...and realized I had no way of opening it. Luckily, my boyfriend at the time had a utility knife on him and opened it that way. LOL. Not all cans come with the tab to self open, beware!

Additionally, I also needed a broom! (which I guess only applies to those living in non-carpeted quarters).