jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What can you do to help remember where you misplaced something?

1. glassvisage profile image89
    glassvisageposted 6 years ago

What can you do to help remember where you misplaced something?

2. fitsmarts profile image57
    fitsmartsposted 6 years ago

Good one smile.  Well there is something called 'method of loc’ if you have not heard of this approach.  One recalls a forgotten object/person/event by visualizing its last location, Though it seems you want the reverse -- to remember the location not the object. 

What I often do, after misplacing something, is try to visualize where I had it last.  Usually it works -- guess it could be a variation of 'method of loc'

BTY: saw in your profile you have a background in journalism.  It inspired me to revisit my post and do some editing.  Hopefully, now, it is a little less of an awkward read.

TY for your question and posititve comment.
    -- See ya around the hub

3. truthfornow profile image83
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

People say that retracing your steps works.  I find that I have to start to do something else and then I find what I lost.

4. funmontrealgirl profile image64
    funmontrealgirlposted 6 years ago

when i got exhausted of looking for something i mispalced i just relax for a while take a deep breath and then trying to refresh things and all the activities I've done.

5. Lenore Robinson profile image61
    Lenore Robinsonposted 6 years ago

If it's something important I go all "Sherlock" on it. When did I last see it? - Where did I last see ?- Why did I have it? - How did it look against the background?   If I come up empty I move onto: Where could I have put it and Why? This provokes me to look in unusual places, because obviously I did not put it where it belongs. I usually do find it, although at this point I have turned the house upside down and find many things! wink

6. sangre profile image97
    sangreposted 6 years ago

Twice this week this has happened me and eventually after about an hour of searching everywhere I think it might be, I find it in a place that it shouldn't be.

7. Guanta profile image71
    Guantaposted 6 years ago

Since I'm a little older now, I don't know whether I forget more or things are less important.   For one thing, I've declutered my apartment so that I keep just the important things. I keep everything organized by category, sewing kits, beauty products, etc.  In other words a place for everything and everything in its place works for me.

working