jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered Religion is answers that may

1. itsameanoldscene profile image59
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered  Religion is answers that may never be questioned

Do you agree or disagree?

2. spdarkstar profile image61
    spdarkstarposted 6 years ago

No, being a non believer it's the only answer.

3. profile image49
    Thought-Provokingposted 6 years ago

Now, now we can never say that being a non-believer is the only way, that's foolish, It's always been said, you need just as much faith to be an atheist, as you need to be a theist. Your acting a lot like some religious people you don't like, trying to force your belief on someone, you can never prove, nor dis-prove God. Now to the question, the second part of your question is not something I'm going to support. religions have answers that sometimes need to be questioned sometimes, I suppose if you look at the deep answers that religions have, which is that of peace, love, and acceptance, then yea. Those answers can't be questioned, because why would you question peace love and acceptance if what those are going to bring is pure harmony. Now the first part of the question, I suppose on some levels, your right. it's up to you as an individual to solve these philosophical questions for yourself. It's different for everybody.

4. lydocia profile image82
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

Everyone has questions, both science and religion have answers.

It is up to every person to pick which of the answers they will believe.

5. cbl2988 profile image60
    cbl2988posted 6 years ago

You are never called upon to prove a negative. That is why saying "you cannot prove that God doesn't exist" isn't a valid argument for His existence. You also cannot prove that unicorns, ghosts, and gremlins don't exist either, but that is not in anyway a support for their existence.

6. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

If that's true, then I guess that's why I'm very spiritually-minded but have no particular religion.   If we cannot question, then our minds are closed.   We're virtually saying to ourselves, please don't use the mind that our Creator has given us.  Mind you, I think our interpetation of Her, or is it Him...or maybe It, is as greatly affected as we are with questions such as these. 

Itsameanoldscene, you'll probably stir up the proverbial 'hornets nest' with this one. Should be good for several pages of answers.

Good on, you, mate.   As they say in Australia: "Your blood's worth bottling."

7. itsameanoldscene profile image59
    itsameanoldsceneposted 6 years ago

Just to add that I am personally without religion & therefore in my opinion I can think rationally, take different faith's views & opinions on board, listen & try understand & if need be criticise - I find it liberating without the shackles!