jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What will life be like 500 years from now?

1. sunbeams profile image60
    sunbeamsposted 6 years ago

What will life be like 500 years from now?

Has anyone thought of what life will be like 500 years from now ? How do you feel when you think that life will be going on as usual - only we will not be there? I wonder about this when I read about people who lived 500 years ago...their lives seem so strange and yet 500 years from now someone will think the same of us...

2. Lord De Cross profile image84
    Lord De Crossposted 6 years ago

We will able to share with God his creation. If earth is still livable, which will be imposible by the year 2511, we new humans: a mix of a found soul and humanoids, will search back to 2011 as the year of big changes for life. Teletransportation will be a common thing but with very intelligent purposes, sort of a time sharing of soul and mind. A similarity between borrowed pictures from and advanced USB in order to program inteligence at once.

3. Will Apse profile image93
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Having looked at the current projections for population growth, the multiple environmental issues that are not being addressed and the general capacity of human beings to ruin a good thing, I reckon life has a good chance of being short, brutish and mean.

I will be happy to be wrong.

4. boyatdelhi profile image82
    boyatdelhiposted 6 years ago

Students will be studying at the school about the year 2011

The major occurrence like recession and economic slow down etc.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Who can say? I liked boyatdehli's answer. How will our contemporary time be taught in other countries 500 years from now? The US will probably receive no better or no worse treatment from future historians than Spain, France, or Britain received in the centuries before today.

6. cooldad profile image60
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

If we haven't nuked ourselves, I think everyone will be a shade of brown after years of breeding between all the different cultures. 
    I wonder about how nature will be affected after 500 more years of people destroying it.  People may have to be confined to their homes depending on climate changes, etc.  It's too bad that none of us will ever know.  Good question

7. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

Probably obliterated from the face of the earth by virile pathogens.

8. jasenpages profile image61
    jasenpagesposted 6 years ago

We will all speak a hybrid of English, Chinese and Spanish.

People will all become a dark beige in skin colour from increased global movement and breeding.

The internet or whatever they call it in the future will become so a part of every humans life that you will not be able to live without it (we're not too far away from that in the present).

The world will be really really hot because we'll probably have over 20 billion people on the planet.

There will only be one global currency.

Everybody will live in cities, almost nobody will live in a rural community.

Nobody will drive cars, it will be almost 100% mass transit or self driving vehicles across the planet.

Current day religions will all be gone and forgotten.

We will hopefully have found or contacted intelligent life that exists on other planets.

9. marymootoo profile image76
    marymootooposted 6 years ago

I guess it will be similar to what we have now but the empires will be different. New rulers, new countries maybe there will have been a few big wars.
    I think the big changes are just around the corner with oil running out because all most everthing has a little bit of oil in it or in its production.
    Population will have have dropped after a peak in the late 21st century maybe less than we have now, global warming having taken its victims.
    Or the four horsemen of the apocalipse have shown themselves, the battle of armagedon has happend with  good winning  and those that are still around are living in the garden of Eden.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 6 years ago

I hate to be the one to say this, but if we do not blow ourselves up either intentionally or by accident due to nationalistic egos gone wild, then maybe humanity could make it another 500 years.

I wish I could say I forsee a brighter future for the majority, but I do not. The materailstic mind set is growing and pace of the world is going so fast that many will get let behind and then one day they will be a great war over economic resources. Only this war will eliminate a great portion of the population. 

Well for now I hope you have a great day.

11. Man from Modesto profile image82
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

Very interesting. I have had 2 dreams over the last decade in which the Holy Spirit mentioned "500 years from now".

The first I received in Bonn, Germany on the day Bill Clinton bombed a factory in Sudan and an abandoned training facility in Afghanistan. A supernatural sleep came over me. The Holy Spirit told me to turn on the television, which I did, then blinked and went under.

I dreamed these words: "500 years from now, they will say this was the start of WWIII". I woke up. The news was showing the bombings.

Years later, I had another dream with just words, "500 years from now, history will be taught using private journals from the relevant time period."

I have assumed this references the fact that text book history is a form of enculturation and "socialization", meaning thought control.

working