What will life be like 500 years from now?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. sunbeams profile image58
    sunbeamsposted 7 years ago

What will life be like 500 years from now?

Has anyone thought of what life will be like 500 years from now ? How do you feel when you think that life will be going on as usual - only we will not be there? I wonder about this when I read about people who lived 500 years ago...their lives seem so strange and yet 500 years from now someone will think the same of us...

2. Lord De Cross profile image74
    Lord De Crossposted 7 years ago

We will able to share with God his creation. If earth is still livable, which will be imposible by the year 2511, we new humans: a mix of a found soul and humanoids, will search back to 2011 as the year of big changes for life. Teletransportation will be a common thing but with very intelligent purposes, sort of a time sharing of soul and mind. A similarity between borrowed pictures from and advanced USB in order to program inteligence at once.

3. Will Apse profile image92
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

Having looked at the current projections for population growth, the multiple environmental issues that are not being addressed and the general capacity of human beings to ruin a good thing, I reckon life has a good chance of being short, brutish and mean.

I will be happy to be wrong.

4. boyatdelhi profile image79
    boyatdelhiposted 7 years ago

Students will be studying at the school about the year 2011

The major occurrence like recession and economic slow down etc.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

Who can say? I liked boyatdehli's answer. How will our contemporary time be taught in other countries 500 years from now? The US will probably receive no better or no worse treatment from future historians than Spain, France, or Britain received in the centuries before today.

6. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 7 years ago

If we haven't nuked ourselves, I think everyone will be a shade of brown after years of breeding between all the different cultures. 
    I wonder about how nature will be affected after 500 more years of people destroying it.  People may have to be confined to their homes depending on climate changes, etc.  It's too bad that none of us will ever know.  Good question

7. LegendaryN8 profile image56
    LegendaryN8posted 7 years ago

Probably obliterated from the face of the earth by virile pathogens.

8. jasenpages profile image60
    jasenpagesposted 7 years ago

We will all speak a hybrid of English, Chinese and Spanish.

People will all become a dark beige in skin colour from increased global movement and breeding.

The internet or whatever they call it in the future will become so a part of every humans life that you will not be able to live without it (we're not too far away from that in the present).

The world will be really really hot because we'll probably have over 20 billion people on the planet.

There will only be one global currency.

Everybody will live in cities, almost nobody will live in a rural community.

Nobody will drive cars, it will be almost 100% mass transit or self driving vehicles across the planet.

Current day religions will all be gone and forgotten.

We will hopefully have found or contacted intelligent life that exists on other planets.

9. marymootoo profile image74
    marymootooposted 7 years ago

I guess it will be similar to what we have now but the empires will be different. New rulers, new countries maybe there will have been a few big wars.
    I think the big changes are just around the corner with oil running out because all most everthing has a little bit of oil in it or in its production.
    Population will have have dropped after a peak in the late 21st century maybe less than we have now, global warming having taken its victims.
    Or the four horsemen of the apocalipse have shown themselves, the battle of armagedon has happend with  good winning  and those that are still around are living in the garden of Eden.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image75
    Darrell Robertsposted 7 years ago

I hate to be the one to say this, but if we do not blow ourselves up either intentionally or by accident due to nationalistic egos gone wild, then maybe humanity could make it another 500 years.

I wish I could say I forsee a brighter future for the majority, but I do not. The materailstic mind set is growing and pace of the world is going so fast that many will get let behind and then one day they will be a great war over economic resources. Only this war will eliminate a great portion of the population. 

Well for now I hope you have a great day.

11. Man from Modesto profile image83
    Man from Modestoposted 5 years ago

Very interesting. I have had 2 dreams over the last decade in which the Holy Spirit mentioned "500 years from now".

The first I received in Bonn, Germany on the day Bill Clinton bombed a factory in Sudan and an abandoned training facility in Afghanistan. A supernatural sleep came over me. The Holy Spirit told me to turn on the television, which I did, then blinked and went under.

I dreamed these words: "500 years from now, they will say this was the start of WWIII". I woke up. The news was showing the bombings.

Years later, I had another dream with just words, "500 years from now, history will be taught using private journals from the relevant time period."

I have assumed this references the fact that text book history is a form of enculturation and "socialization", meaning thought control.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)