jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you considering graduate school?

1. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

Are you considering graduate school?

What school and subject are you considering?  Are you looking for a masters degree, doctorate, or both?  What do you want to do with the degree after you finish?

2. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

HelloLegendaryN8, Yes, I am considering two possible schools at the moment for a Masters Degree.

University of California San Jose have an online Master's of Library and Information Science available for study.

Also my former school Columbia College, Missouri have an interesting Masters of Military Arts program, It is a course based on Military History and Political Science and so follows on naturally from my BA.  The other course I am considering is an MBA also through Columbia College.

The MLS and MBA would be for possible employment benefits, the Masters in Military Arts would be for personal enrichment. But in any case I am looking to move on a decision in the near future.

3. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I realize that my BA in Criminal Justice will basically be worthless. Hence, I have always intended on going to grad school. I will likely pursue an MA in Forensic Psychology followed by a doctorate in either Clinical or Experimental Psychology. I started school just to use my G.I. Bill benefits because I figured the government owed me. I may as well keep going and become an expert. Also, I hate working for people who are dumber than me.

4. LegendaryN8 profile image60
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

Right now, from what I've seen in the job market, there is a glut on MBA graduates.  The ones that seem to do well after getting an MBA generally have a dual degree or some unique specialization where having a business background is rare (like chemistry).

5. NathanielZhu profile image73
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

Yes, I'm considering John's Hopkins to get my Doctorate in Biochemistry. Goal: Cure aging.
    ASTF.TK

6. thebeast02 profile image87
    thebeast02posted 6 years ago

I would ideally like to get my Masters and Doctorate in the History field from LSU. Though I think this is going to be a drawn out process as I don't want to go deep into debt in my early 20's.

7. Kelly Underwood profile image57
    Kelly Underwoodposted 5 years ago

I'm considering online masters degree education. Looking forward on it!

working