jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What would it take for you to abandon what you love the most?

1. LegendaryN8 profile image58
    LegendaryN8posted 6 years ago

What would it take for you to abandon what you love the most?

I think that people will leave anything they have in their life if they are given the *right* incentive.  This doesn't have to be money (but it could be) - it could be a bigger opportunity, the chance to be with another person, acquisition of little-known knowledge of the future, or something along those lines.

2. pandy2323 profile image67
    pandy2323posted 6 years ago

Well, it depends on "what [i] love the most." If, by "what I love most," I mean:

1. my most treasured stuffed animal from my elementary-years, then my answer would probably be along the lines of: not a lot. I would trade my favorite stuffed animal, Pandy, for a few deserving friendships.
    2. every non-living object I have, then my answer would probably be something like: a bright future. Or a chance to help the poverty who deserve more than I do.
    3. my family and friends, my answer would definitely be: nothing. I would sacrifice my life for them.

Sorry, this may be a pretty cliche answer, but it's true. big_smile hope I answered your Q well smile (This is actually my first "answer" on HubPages)

~love Rachel~

3. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

What I love the most is my family and there is absolutely nothing I would take to abandon them.

4. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

The only "things" (and they aren't "things") I love most in my life are the people in it who are important to me and who I love, so I wouldn't abandon what I share with them for anything.

Having said that, there are some things in my life that I love most that involve sentimental value/attachment to objects that represent, or have been a part of, what I share with those people I love.  Nothing would make me abandon those things either.

Basically, there is no money, object, person, group, belief, aim, career, or anything else that would ever make me abandon who and what I love if I had a choice in the matter.  I just plain-old don't give a rat's bottom about anything other than who and what I do love most.

Anyone who believes that everyone has some "right" thing that would make him abandon who and what he loves doesn't know how it feels to truly love someone or something.  I'm sorry for them, but they aren't "everybody".