jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are some of the characteristics of the worse teachers you have ever had?

1. ibbarkingmad profile image82
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

What are some of the characteristics of the worse teachers you have ever had?

You can be specific or general. What are those things that teachers did that just turned you off from learning in class? Please keep language clean. Thanks.

2. profile image51
    annamnaraposted 6 years ago

partiality on girls in labs and internal assesment and while doing project furing mu graduate life

3. Helena Ricketts profile image96
    Helena Rickettsposted 6 years ago

I had an Algebra teacher that was about as interesting as watching paint dry.  She had no personality at all and if anyone told her that they didn't get it, she would explain it all over again, repeating it exactly like she did the first time.  I guess there was no creativity in her brain.  I ended up dropping the class because I knew she wasn't going to hold my interest.

4. Sam Dolloff profile image60
    Sam Dolloffposted 6 years ago

A complete monotone lecture.  Not really caring if the students are getting the material.  No love for the material they are teaching.  And not asking questions of students or answering questions of students in class.

5. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

I had an English teacher who just handed out assignments, never really provided instruction and never gave any feedback so I could know what I did wrong on an assignment.

Any question regarding feedback was treated by him as a criticism of his grading. So he always gave me an A after the first few questions. ok I passed the class but can honestly say I learned nothing from that teacher.

Other characteristics of bad teachers are talking too much, not listening to questions when I don't quite understand a subject, and not showing any excitement about the subject. I can't believe a teacher did  not have a passion for a subject at sometime, they must have wanted to study there subject for some reason, they fail in my eyes if they cannot show some enthusiasm.

6. Learn Things Web profile image93
    Learn Things Webposted 6 years ago

Reciting exactly what's in the textbook and not adding anything to it.

7. arksys profile image90
    arksysposted 6 years ago

The punishments made me hate school/learning.

I remember, standing on the teachers desk lift up the trouser and a steel ruler smack on the calf muscles a couple of times.

I remember when making the best drawing that i could my art teacher threw my book accross the room because it was useless to him.

I remember copying my friends homework in a different class and the teacher found out and she slapped me on the face a couple of time and i tried to hide my face so she kept smacking me on the back of my neck.

I remember another lady teacher holding the steel ruler sideways and we had to put our knuckles out for them to smack.

I hated school. I stopped concentrating in class when i was in grade 3.
    Thank God, in grade 6 I moved to a different country where they didn't hit children in school.

8. asmaiftikhar profile image76
    asmaiftikharposted 6 years ago

for me the harsh attitude of the teacher is really a great hinderence in the process of learning.

9. docbruin profile image83
    docbruinposted 6 years ago

An attitude of arrogance or superiority.  I didn't see this a lot but when a teacher treated the students as if they were mindless it really made me disinterested in anything they had to say.  Some acted as though they alone had the answers to everything and that through their generosity they would share some of it with us.  Thankfully I can say that the vast majority of my teachers were very good.

10. jcbmack profile image72
    jcbmackposted 6 years ago

I would say a teacher who does not show up for office hours and fails to give students a chance to ask them questions in class is the worst. I had just such a professor; actually twice not just once.

working