jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What if marjuana was legalized?

1. agoins profile image70
    agoinsposted 6 years ago

What if marjuana was legalized?

If Marjuana was leagalized do you think the government will water it down in so many words.

2. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Then it will be like a regular cigarette -- sold in packs in your local grocery store.

3. agoins profile image70
    agoinsposted 6 years ago

Nah i dont think so i think it will be charged more than cigarettes because if its only a plant that isnt harmful then anybody will be able to buy them not just 18 and over.

4. Kristeen profile image71
    Kristeenposted 6 years ago

It is legalized in Michigan as a prescription drug. I know of one person who uses it as such and he says it was very effective at first, but now its effectiveness is fading. I don't see the purpose of legalizing it. We have many other drugs to help with the effects of pain etc. As a recreational drug, I feel it is completely unnecessary.

5. xethonxq profile image65
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

If marijuana were legalized we would probably have a lot of really mellow people out there...lol. It would be very interesting to see if the government would tax the hell out of it though...my bet would be that they would indeed.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Why stop with weed? If you legalize all drugs, meth will disappear completely. Crack may even go away on its own too. We won't need the DEA anymore, which will save the government a bundle of money. There would be about half as many people going to prison. Addicts could be properly weaned off drugs in hospitals. There might be a few more car wrecks, but not as many as alcohol produces. I think things would be ok.

7. Christian L Perry profile image80
    Christian L Perryposted 5 years ago

There are many positive and negative aspects of marijuana use.  An argument towards legalization and/or prohibition should be based on facts from both perspectives and then weighed towards the most viable and positive solution.  Everything... read more