jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do some religions permit to sin and then confess?

1. jainismus profile image71
    jainismusposted 6 years ago

Why do some religions permit to sin and then confess?

2. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

Simple,It's called having your cake and eating it too.If i were able to rid and allevate guilt for my actions that easy,I'd have a haram of girlfriends and my wife would never Know.So people can induldge in tthere vices and preverse pleasures guilt free "That's ok GOD forgives me,again and again and again ect.ect.ect"!!!!!

3. danielleantosz profile image73
    danielleantoszposted 6 years ago

My extended family is catholic, which is known for confessions.  I am not religious,but I believe it is based on the idea that everyone does sin and confession is a way to absolve the soul.  I dont think they particularly "allow" sin.

4. liftandsoar profile image81
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

Lord Enki, that's a cruel caracature and you know it.  I can't speak for all religions, however the Christian faith does not "permit" sin so that we can then seek forgiveness.  The standard is perfection.  "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect."  However, Christianity deals with reality.  Fact is that in God's eyes we all sin in thought, word and deed all the time.  A holy God would be justified in wiping us all out.  But in grace he offers a way to forgive while also being just. He bore the penalty himself (Christ) so that humble believers may be spared his wrath.  Any Christian who then uses God's grace to justify further sin shows thereby that he's never known God.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

because if they didn't they would cease to exist. all humans sin and if a religion would not allow it, then people would go to another religion. it's called, bowing to the masses.