jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

1. RANDOMTHTS4ALL profile image75
    RANDOMTHTS4ALLposted 6 years ago

Do you believe things happen for a reason?

My boyfriend has been trying all week to go snowmobiling. Every time they load up he gets a flat tire. First, it was the trailer tire, then both passenger side tires on the truck. Today his friend and him loaded up the truck and ran over a bungee cord in the process. Now he has yet another flat tire on the truck. Possibly its not a good idea to be going right now.

2. mischeviousme profile image58
    mischeviousmeposted 6 years ago

Yes and no. If by karma yes, if by causallity, no.

3. stclairjack profile image85
    stclairjackposted 6 years ago

if you dont want him to go snowmobiling,.... just tell him so,.... quit flattening his tires. ha!

and in answer to the Q,... nope.

i believe things happen,.... and then we use reason to contend with the things that happen.

4. lburmaster profile image85
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Yes. It is one of the ways I make sense of everything. Also it helps provide meaning to life. It might be a sign that he neds to pay attention more.

5. samanthamayer profile image72
    samanthamayerposted 6 years ago

Yes: time for a new truck? Just kidding. Well in general I would say things happen for a reason - to teach us something. But that's if you want to learn. In this case, I would say that all the occurrences are coincidences. I think it's the bigger things in your life that really mean something, and you have to figure out what they mean to you. I like mischeviousme's idea of karma - in some instances you have to look at the situation and think, why did this happen to me? Did I do anything to deserve/provoke this? Good question.

6. profile image53
    Vladi Dorfmanposted 6 years ago

Things happen, but I don't think there is something that drives those things to happen other than the decisions of people and the forces at play. Still, there is probably a reason for the things that happen but not as much as a reason for why seemingly random things happen (the incidental flat tire- unless planned sabotage!).
    You could associate it with mysticism or something of the occult, but that's indulging in the why without supplying real answers.

However, whatever works for you smile

working