jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

What is the Shape of the Universe? (your own humble opinion)

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

What is the Shape of the Universe? (your own humble opinion)

Some say it's in the shape of a shuttlecock, a saddle, a klein bottle or a Calabi-Yau space, elastic, static, expanding and expanding in some areas and shrinking in others.  (IMHO=branes)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5878755_f260.jpg

2. LewSethics profile image60
    LewSethicsposted 6 years ago

If the Universe is infinite then it has no shape.  If the Universe is part of some theoretical 'muntiverse' then it is probably sperical, with us in the center (haha).

3. profile image36
    LORD ENKIposted 6 years ago

The circle or a-symetrical,based on outward energy force caused by the Naked Singularity(big bang) and by detected microwave background radition on Nasa's I-rad.Taken into consideration Dark Matter,However now it has recently been discovered that a phenomina called DARK FLOW throw's all theroy for a loop as it consentrates to a single point of focus near the edge.Geodessics within a 4 dimentional space time curveture from a metric tensor as equaded in pythagoris therom show that parelell's don't remain constant.Indicating outward expansion.However if using elucidian geomerty and not hyperbolic geomerty when solving field equasions for general realitivy,the metric tensor will be true.And if using Hyperbolic Geomerty the metric tensor is true but DARK FLOW says other wise1Therfore I would be inclined to go with AN A-SYMETRICAL SHAPE!For this dimention! And inter dimentionaly stacked on top of each other!

ptosisposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Ouch I don't understand what you just said. but if I did - I would vote you the best answer

4. bharmoriat profile image37
    bharmoriatposted 6 years ago

i think no definite shape, but to imagine it as an ever expanding body, makes me a bit uneasy. we like to relate things to the bank of pictures and possibilities we have, and to wonder what lies beyond the last edge of the universe is , so  so  numbing

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

The universe goes on forever and if it didn't - there would have to be something on the other side.  So I am thinking it has no shape, it just goes on and on forever with no end.  That is a hard concept for my brain to wrap around - much like our national debt--figures so high, I cannot fully take it in.

It hurts my brain to think about it myself.  - the universe that is. I don't think about the national debt - it's all fiat $$

6. fatfist profile image83
    fatfistposted 6 years ago

For those who claim that the Universe, which is a concept, has 'shape'; they need to check themselves into an insane asylum.
    If the Universe has 'shape', then what is outside this alleged border/boundary? Is it perhaps God or Heaven?

Space has no shape or borders. Only matter does.

What about the donut hole?

7. 1701TheOriginal profile image98
    1701TheOriginalposted 3 years ago
  8. therealplanet profile image72
    therealplanetposted 10 months ago

It's a hard question. Like many other answers, I think the universe expands into infinity. It has no true shape or size, and I also think that we'll probably never figure this out. There's certain questions that will forever stay a mystery.

working