What is Your Opinion That Life Excists Elseware In The Universe

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (124 posts)
  1. heavyd49770 profile image60
    heavyd49770posted 15 years ago

I study Astronomy for a hobby and love nothing more than to take my telescope out on a clear night.    I love to find objects which I have never seen before.  Seeing another galaxie many light years away for the first time is exciting as hell to me.   Even though looking at these objects appear to be small and very fuzzy even with the darkest skies and good objects.

It simply amazes me to look at something where the light I am seeing has left that object thousands or millions of years ago.   WHAT A CONCEPT TO THINK ABOUT.

Many of you I am sure have looked through a telescope and have seen the rings of Saturn, If you have not YOU SHOULD.   Make this a priority before you die.

Saturn is a reletively close object it is just over 800 million miles from Earth.   If you calculate the how long it takes light to travel from Saturn To Earth it is somewhere around 9 hours.

So when you get the opportunity to view Saturn Just think about the fact that the light you are seeing at the moment left there roughly 9 hours ago.

Now we know there are billions of galaxies  in the Universe many of them millions of light years away,    What do you think the chances are that life excists somewhere else.

For Me I dont see how it could not.

Are you a believer or Not???

<removed link>

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Oh I am a believer,  like you I love to put my thoughts and eyes out in space and feel as insignificant and yet completely significant at the same time.  Why?  Cause we are the observers of this massive Universe, all to ourselves at least for now. 

I do imagine the possibilities of life else where, would they look like us, think like us, what sort of society would they build, what do they breath, how do they travel, are they advanced or primative... 

I can't imagine there not being life somewhere else when all the componets or elements to life exist already, it makes the probability of life pretty good if not factually sound.  I guess only time will tell.  I mean once we can effectively travel the Universe at some sort of spead condusive to our life expectancy,  I know were gonna find something so amazing out there that everything down here will look trivial.  smile 

Glad to find another asto-lover!  smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This universe is fully alive.We are not the only ones alive as we like to think so.Man has comes across aliens and spirits unexplainable since ages. I read about a scientist with the United States who was sacked for claiming an encounter with an alien.He also said earlier Presidents of the States had also encountered this entity which was an intergalactic master of the light.They could not say so as man would have called him mad and you cannot have a madman as your president.Man cannot handle the fact that there is superior intelligence,superior entities in this universe and is contend in thinking he is alone or rather the only thing alive with such intelligence.His ego cannot handle it.
      In the arctic scientists dug a hole a km deep.When they bought the material to the surface they realised it was full of life,full of microbes which started thriving in surface conditions and were dormant for god knows how many thousands of years.Life goes into micro and macro and we as humans are still very naive about life around us.I have seen a UFU and being a navigating officer I know the difference between a star and a satellite,this was something so different and its movements - hovering at a range too close to be a star and then moving at super speeds into the sky and out of sight.

3. Eng.M profile image65
      Eng.Mposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why not?

4. mohitmisra profile image61

The moment you submit to the point of light,
      The word death is no more such a fright,

Infinity you become at once,
      The human form you then trounce.

Thats when you realise everything is alive,
      The wind,the rain even the nectar of the bee hive.

This universe is very much alive and very intelligently alive.The basic fabric is a tissue made of light of love-supremely intelligent and pervading all-God.

The endless expane in front of us all,
      Is as alive as the closest insect to crawl. smile

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Heavyd, opening thread for a purpose of self promotion is considered spam on these forums. Delete either link or the whole post, please smile

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

yawn

4. heavyd49770 profile image60
    heavyd49770posted 15 years ago

Sorry guys.

I will get used to this.   While I am into promoting I am not into spamming.   That was not my intention.   I will go back and read the rules.

Thanks for being cool about this

5. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

I kinda like Carl Sagan's opinion on this question - if it's just us, its an aweful waste of space!

6. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I wouldn't call myself a believer, but I "hope" there is life elsewhere in the universe.

And it would be very cool if it was life that fell outside of the definition of life as we know it. smile

7. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

I believe there is life elsewhere, but in other planes of existence, or with the ability to go from plane to plane. They are either more or less advanced physically or spiritually. Some of us would not be able to recognize their existence. I believe there are various planes of this planet that have other "forms" of  life. smile

8. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

IDK. And I'm happy with that tongue

9. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I think most likely small lifeforms are on other planets, single celled organisms and maybe a few multi cell- nothing you can see with your eye.

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I still think this.

~thranax~

10. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

I believe there is life elsewhere. With a universe so vast, it seems ridiculous to think there wouldn't be, even if most of it is probably single cell-type stuff. However, I don't believe that we're being "visited."

11. mulder profile image67
    mulderposted 15 years ago

As a ufoligist  I seen and heard   things you wouldnt belive   real people  are seeing real  ufo  even  aliens   theirs to much  evidence  out there  to say we are not alone  ,

1. MamaDragonfly2677 profile image64
      MamaDragonfly2677posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mulder, I have some very "odd" pics I took with my digital camera a couple of years ago. I saved them onto CD, and I don't know what to make of them... They were SUPPOSED to be pics of the moon, with a bright star right next to it, (which, btw, I have taken MANY pics of the night sky, and only had this happen ONCE... What showed up on my camera looks like... well, like bright lights, connected together by colored "lines" (Kind of like a heart-rate-monitor you see at the hospitals... Or in one, like lightning connecting the "dots")... They are very STRANGE looking, and nobody can figure them out...What do you think???

12. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

I seen a UFO. Course people who didnt see it always tell me what I saw. If you see the real thing there is not much doubt. Saw a couple of light streaks not that long ago, one chasing the other pretty low. I was told it was the space station with the shuttle chasing it. If that were true I would be seeing the space station all the time. But never have.

1. profile image0

I saw a ufo once too.  smile  I really did.

13. Bob Billiards profile image58
    Bob Billiardsposted 15 years ago

I believe in other life out there. And not just single celled organisms. This universe is too large to say we are the only life around. And I believe it is possible for them to have developed a form of travel that can bring them to Earth and back. Just because we waste our time developing technology that can play  50 Cent songs on a media player the size of a baseball card doesn't mean other life forms are wasting theirs on the same things. Who knows, we'll all find out one day.

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Basically what i also believe in smile

14. Chloe Comfort profile image59
    Chloe Comfortposted 15 years ago

I do not believe that we are alone in the universe. However, I do believe that we are a unique world. Being just the right distance from the sun, having our moon (without it Earth might not have been inhabitable) and the atmosphere that we have. There are no other planets (we know of) that have the same conditions as Earth that allow it to be habitable. I do believe that we are the only human life form in the the universe but I also believe that there is other life out there. How can there not be? There is so much we have yet to know, mysteries left to be uncovered, knowledge to be discovered. So many historical/biblical/ancient accounts mention objects similar to ufo's and aliens (cave paintings!) in their writings/transcripts. There has to be some basis of truth to these accounts. Ancient civilizations did not just come into existance with all that technology ingrained into their brains (Egyptians/Sumarians). It had to come from somewhere. If you haven't read "Chariots Of The Gods" by VonDaiken (?) you might want to pick it up. Touches on similar opinions and has some interesting information that makes you think.

It may be that the world is just not ready to receive this news. I believe confirmation will come when we are ready for it and no sooner - unfortunately, that may take a while. I am a believer.

1. Bob Billiards profile image58
      Bob Billiardsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe no other planets for human life, but what's to say extraterrestrial life doesn't require some of the conditions found on other planets to survive. Just a thought.

1. Chloe Comfort profile image59
        Chloe Comfortposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I'm sure that different types of life forms require different types of living conditions. I do believe that "some" type of life form (while not human) does exist on the other planets. Could be some type of microbe or bacteria but I have no doubt that there is something there.

2. Chloe Comfort profile image59
        Chloe Comfortposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am absolutely sure that some kind of extraterrestrial life is out there. There just has to be. We cannot be the only planet that has life on it. We've shown that life can thrive in even the most extreme environments. I'm sure that there are living organisims on other planets - just not the kind we're used to seeing.

15. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

I think life could exist, or has, on Mars smile

16. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

I would say it is a pretty safe bet that we are not alone in the currently visible universe.

That being said we really need a way to travel much faster than we currently do, we cannot say hi to potential neighbors if it takes forever to get there tongue

1. weblog profile image58
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I second it big_smile

17. leftquark profile image59
    leftquarkposted 15 years ago

Most astronomers believe in extraterrestrial life but they do NOT believe in UFOs or little green men.  If you are interested you should study something called the Drake Equation.

18. topstuff profile image62
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

UFO are still ufo's,so i consider them something related to Jinn.

19. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

There are all possibilities since our knowledge of the universe is very limited.

20. mulder profile image67
    mulderposted 15 years ago

As a ufologist   I know for certain we are not alone and aliens  are  visting earth   right now  smile
    In fact  Scientist-Astronaut Edgar Mitchell Reaffirms ET Visits To Earth  hows that for proof  .

1. profile image0

Do they look like people?  I hope they don't look like oversized, slimy, squishy green men.

1. mulder profile image67
        mulderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually have you seen the movie close encounters  of the third  kind    ? they  look  just like that   .

1. mohitmisra profile image61

I have also come across an entity which looks like that. smile

1. profile image0

no you didn't. smile

Did so in my room. smile

2. profile image0

no you didn't. smile

3. mulder profile image67

Can I ask where was that   ? I have spoken to hundren of people   who have said the same thing   . No joke

In my house,my room. I was asking God why he is still keeeping me here,what does he want from me,why doesnt he take me back?Was lying down in the Shivasana or corpse poition.The next thing I know is this entity is hovering behind me and telling me patience we are looking after you. smile

21. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

yes, I think there are other life forms in the universe;probably another universe

22. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

There was another person debunked by seeing all kinds of things under the earth.  Look up Hollow Earth in Google and see what that comes up with.  There is a guy that goes by the name Right To Life Male and he is way into the Mars having life on it and he even has pictures that he shares. I believe he mnight have his own site and will ask him and share it here.  I will have to get him into this thread, but it is difficult to get those that are on MSN groups to add their stuff here--most times.  There are some of us who do both and I am one of them.
    We have to be really arrogant to think that there isn't anything else out there.  I had a site once that had the complete discriptions of the aliens that we have seen on this earth and that have visited here.  Of course I can't find it now only becasue I don't remember what it was that I looked up in the first place.  I have seen a UFO--hovering over the front of our mountain.  I thought it was the reflection on the window of the dashboard, but I rubbed my eyes three times and the lights were higher the what would be relfected off the dashboard.  I was in the passenger seat.  It was scary, but interesting at the same time.  I haven't ever seen them again.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
      Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Here is where he has some pictures: http://groups.msn.com/ArtifactsofMars/shoebox.msnw

He does have a website!!: http://saucerquest.com

I haven't been to his website, but have visited his group once or twice.

1. profile image52
        righttolifemaleposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Indeed Lady G. Thank you for the plug. Anyone may freely access my research at my other website: http://snakeandthehunterenterprises.com/mars1.html. The research may be freely used, and you cannot spend money there.
           In 2006 I spotted an unusual object in a Spirit rover photo that did not look quite natural. That induced me to start looking around, spotting more objects and that led to the founding of the Martian Artifact Research Society. (http://groups.msn.com/artifactsofmars). We deal strictly with photographic evidence on Mars and elsewhere of artifacts, current life and fossils.
        I am not trying to bring NASA (Never A Straight Answer) down. I just want them to be honest with us and disclose what they found.

Richard L. Chapman
        Founder, Martian Artifact Research Society

1. mulder profile image67

Well  said   But I afraid NASA  is part of the goverment    its all one big cover up     Im afraid  .

23. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

Totally believe life exists elsewhere.  We are not alone big_smile

I've been a stargazer most of my life.  I tried the telescope way and found it cumbersome and chose instead to have a mat on the ground and a wide open space with horizons at last West to East.  Lucky in Australia we have magnificent views of the Milky Way.  It's hypnotic and wonderous and unfathomable all at the same time.

I've not seen any odd life forms with my physical eyes, but using my third eye - that's a different story.  But, still I've not seen green people.  Not to say I don't believe they exist, but I've not been introduced.

I was meditating when this happened.I was suddenly frozen and could only move my eyes ,had no control over the rest of my body.The entity kind of laughed and I thought it said not from you. smile but it was with respect.

1. Jewels profile image83
        Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So are you saying it was a physical experience, like they were physically in your room?  Cause sometimes there is difficulty knowing the difference when you're in a different state of consciousness.  Interested.

Yes physically in my room.Lived in a split level duplex appartment and my room was on the last floor or lowest floor and I was alone in the house at that time. smile

24. Lady Guinevere profile image68

They aren't green.  They are grey and brown and other colors.  They are real and not imaginary.  I have not seen one of those but the ship.  I have to go look for that site that describes them fully.

Lady Guinevere, I think television has allot to answer for here.  Perhaps it's a case of word gravity that causes most people to address alien life forms as "little green men."  I know I just did but it was more a reflex.

I'd like the add to the site you're looking for.  Fascinating for peripheral awareness.

25. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Well here is one site that lists them and gives a discription of them but the one that I had a while ago had this and drawings of what they looked like.  I will have to dig deeper.  For now here is the site that I found just now:
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowl … et020.html

26. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Here is another good site but still no pictures.
    http://www.alienshift.com/id53.html

27. Lady Guinevere profile image68

I don't understand why anyone would want to cover something like this up and make their own people out to be liars....  Is it because there is something bigger then them and they don't want to admit it?  Just who are they trying to protect and why?

1. profile image0

There are probably a couple of reasons why.  First, fear, widespread panic because it would change everything we thought we knew.  Second, we don't know what they could do, are they nice or mean??  Thrid, as I hate to bring this up in a science forum, the utter destruction of all religions. 

Though if they just came clean I think that it would ease peoples fears because they have not hurt us yet and so it is not likely that they would and I think it would be possitive hope because we are not alone. 

I would say that they are probably trying to proctect us.

OOOOO about the religion thing:  http://bibleufo.com/

Reptilian Races and our own makeup about the galaxy:  http://www.sabon.org/reptiloid/index3.html

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68

OOOOO about the religion thing:  http://bibleufo.com/

Reptilian Races and our own makeup about the galaxy:  http://www.sabon.org/reptiloid/index3.html

1. profile image0

lol, re: bibleufo...I don't need to know about any more religions, haha.  We got enough on Earth to sustain our lifetime and the next and the next and...

Reptilian races you say?  I may have to check that one out though.  smile

Sandra,
            Go to the Bibleufo site.  It has all things that in the bible and how they are connected to UFO's and aluiens.  It's very interesting to read.  I do know what you mean about religouns though.

1. profile image0

Hold on, let me find a link to another forum where we already went through this, it's funny.  smile

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/6074?page=3

This isn't the one I was looking for, although it might be but I was looking for some pictures that were in a particular thread.  Anyways, check it out, some of it is utterly ridiculous.  wink

Man has a big ego and cannot handle the fact that there is superior intelligence in the universe.smile It will be too big a shock for humanity.Humanity is not ready.

1. dingdong profile image57
        dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So, the enlightened poet has found one more forum for hanging out wink

wink there is intelligence and open minded people here and hubpages is addictive. smile

28. Anti-Valentine profile image74
    Anti-Valentineposted 15 years ago

I remember hearing a song on Monty Python's The Meaning of Life, where Eric Idle sang the line, "And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space, 'Cause there's b****r all down here on Earth!"

I agree wholeheartedly with that sometimes.

29. Starscream14 profile image60
    Starscream14posted 15 years ago

I can't live with the idea that we are alone in the universe. I don't know, maybe will we meet extraterestrial life in after life, maybe our God is not only OUR God... Maybe in afterlife we will explore the entire universe, meet other species, in other dimensions. Who knows? Only God....

1. crashcromwell profile image66
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is actually the scenario that unfolds in my novel - Antiquity Calais: Standing at Armageddon. I've got a few sample chapters online here, if you'd like to read some.

Yes I believe in the same.In Parmhansa Yoganadas book Autobiography of a Yogi he talks about his Master coming to him after death and telling him he is in a different dimension for more evolved souls and that he is teaching them love there.Paramhansa Yogananda also says some things which his master revealed to him he cannot share that with us.

Then the Egyptians-in the Pyramids they dicovered these norrow tunnels which they thought initially were ventilation ducts.Upon sending a robot into the tunnel they realised that it points to the seven sisters and that the evoloved souls being the Pharaohs would go and reside there after Death- the Egyptian belief.Also remarkably the pyramids have been build identically to the belt of Orion ,i.e two big pyramids and a small pyramid I think  is set 7 degrees away.

Then the great mystic Meher Baba is considered to be guiding souls which have departed.

Too much mystery.

Secrets ,mysteries of the past,
      Some seem so eternally to last. smile

30. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago
    1. weblog profile image58

Thanks for the great link smile Just like that many UFO experiences might still be remaining secrets?

31. jdeschene profile image59
    jdescheneposted 15 years ago

I think, regardless of your religious beliefs, it's totally arrogant to think that we are the only ones in the entire vast universe.  This place is bigger than any of us truly realize.  To try and take it all in would surely drive most of us out of our heads.  There simply has to be something else out there.  I think it's almost impossible for there not to be.

And for that matter, think of the possibilities of what might be out there!  Let your imagination have a field day.

John

32. Starscream14 profile image60
    Starscream14posted 15 years ago

Thanks for your share... I read a mayan history book and it was very interesting. I think the old mayans and aztec knew something that we don't, their vast history and their tehnology are very impresive... Maybe this world is larger than we think...

Yes they were very advanced.Today scientists have realised that they build their temples in the magnetic centre of that place. smile

What about the book. The Twelfth Planet by Zachariah Stitcin?  They triy to debunk him, but that planet does exist and has come.  Of course they say nothing happened as it passed Earth, but that is only the governments responses.  Who knows!?

Dont know about this Lady Guinevere-could you please expand on this,write some more.
          regards
          mohit

2. weblog profile image58

If the magnetic centre can do the magic, then what is left for God?

Magnetism is connected to God.We are supposedly made of fine magnetic particles which are not aligned properly,these temples help one align himself or herself. smile

33. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

The hub is unique but I have to give an honest answer I really do not know.smile

34. David Bowman profile image60
    David Bowmanposted 15 years ago

Although I am a skeptic about most things, I think that there is a good possibility of, at the very least, the existence of non-intelligent life. You might want to do a search on the Kepler mission. It is a NASA project to launch a specially designed unmanned craft into space that will be able to detect earth sized planets within the habitable zones of other stars in our galaxy. It is set to launch in the spring of next year. It should be interesting to see what it will discover.

35. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 15 years ago

I think the odds are in favor that there are intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. Whether or not they have space ships or a utopian society is up to anyones imagination. Meanwhile the search for intelligent life continues on planet earth smile

36. Thinkaboutit77 profile image71
    Thinkaboutit77posted 15 years ago

It really doesn't matter what our opinion is about life on other planets. Let's just stop wasting time and stick with the owner's manual, the Bible. God tells us about our origin, meaning, morality and destiny in His Word.

Man's opinion doesn't mean anything in reality because man is not the creator of the other planets, God is. And He has spoken, in the Bible. Earth is the center of His plans and His will for mankind, not the surrounding planets. Those were created in addition to the other things in space to show you God's glory and power.

Stick with the Bible, you'll find your answers there. You will only find circles in humanistic scientism.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dontthinkaboutit -

This is a science forum. We are not interested in your silly beliefs here.

Your opinion is as worthless as your out-dated beliefs.

The world is not flat.......

1. BDazzler profile image77
        BDazzlerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well, as long as we have the think about it/dont thihnk about it... Thinkaboutit77 ... The bible is clear, VERY clear that extra-terestrial life exists.
        Furthermore, it is clear that it is gentically compatible with human life. Check out Genesis 6. In English it is translated "The Sons of the God"   Please note that the only time that phrase is used is in Job 1, where "The Sons Of God" (including Satan, btw) presented themselves before God.

So, while I disagree with Mark on many things, I do agree with him that your opinions are wrong.  But based on your criteria, not his.  I do believe that before you use the bible to state your opinions, you should be somewhat familiar with what the bible actually says.

The "Sons of God" in Genesis 6 are not human. Their off spring are what we would call today, "Mutants'. 

So, it is possible to think and believe the bible.

The bible also says that it is God's Glory to hide things and the glory of kings to find them. And it also says that he wants to make us all kings.  So ... God has not hiddent things FROM us, but he has hidden things FOR us.  That is why Jesus called the Kingdom a hidden treasure. We are supposed to search. We are supposed to question.  It is clear from scirputre that God delights in these types of questions ... else why would he say "Come, Let us reason together."

And based on my reading of the bible, God is delighted with Mark's unshakeable quest to find true things, his constant questioning, his belief in morality,  and though Mark does not believe in God.  God clearly believes in Mark.

Sorry, Mark, didn't mean to agree with you, nor flatter you, but you and I were offended by the same guy for differnet reaons. .. wink lol

LOL - doesn't really do it justice because I was actually laughing out loud.

Dontthinkaboutit is offensive on so many levels. smile

I would love to debate him in his lair......

I probably do need to go repent or someting for being unloving to the guy. Because I do agee that the bible has the answers, but only if you actually read it with an open heart for understanding and are prepared to reject other people's interpretation of what it means.

I prefer to help people understand the bible not use it to make them feel like crap about themselves.

But to come in to a science forum and state an authority that others don't recognize, is, at best naive'. 

I believe in 'aliens" because the bible says they're there. They call them angles, creatures or whatever, but wherever they're from, it's not here. That makes them extra-terreistrial. So, in a way my arugment is just as unscientific.  But if you're going to use a book as an authority, whether, the Bible or Pascal, or Newton, Or Einstein, you really should know what it says.

lol

Well, from my previous interactions with Donthinkaboutit, he seems to be a big fan of the "tough love" approach favored by many of his ilk.

You know - "I love you so much I am going to see if I can get the law changed so you do what is good for you," sort of love.....

So, you are probably OK.

Not sure I would call angels "extra-terrestrial," though. Perhaps "supra-terrestrial." ?

I mean, according to your book, all life on earth is "extra-terrestrial." It didn't originate here, it was placed here by god.......

Where he made it, remains a mystery. lol

Well, the dust he used came from earth ... but his "breath" came from him.  But yeah, extra-super, I'm not sure. They may come from anoteher spacial dimension, a parallel universe, another planet.  I really don't know.   I'm pretty certain I can't get in a spaceship right now and find them.

No there are right here and have been all long:   http://www.sabon.org/reptiloid/index3.html

2. weblog profile image58

Be prepared to face the aliens tongue

3. maestrowhit profile image60
      maestrowhitposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey, look. It's an alien! wow! Dude, you have to spill it. What's your home planet like?

37. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Aliens are here already - Joan Rivers and Michael Jackson are two suspicious characters that spring to mind!

Back to your question yes life does exist elsewhere because somone has to be out there throwing damn asteroids at us from somewhere,

That's funny!!!

Here is a link that you might want to read---you may think it is funny or inaccurate, but just humor us and read the things in it:
      http://www.bibleufo.com/
      Check out the very first one aobut th eflying vehicles!

38. waynet profile image69
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Yes god is an alien who always appears with his ambassadors, aircraft and alien friends, jesus must have been his pet who only travelled lightly with a terry towel for comfort.

It certainly is amazing how a large story book such as the bible can be interpreted in many ways...

1. Edwin Clark profile image62
      Edwin Clarkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw god once. He was in the millenium falcon with bigfoot and elvis smile

39. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

I was kidnapped and involuntarily tea-bagged by a giant alien whose body was comprised wholy of two large testicles that were both twice my size.  I am here to bear witness that the U.S. Government has a vested interest in allowing these testicle aliens to run amok and cover it up!!

j/k

lol

1. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ha ha ha tea-bagged!!! hahahaha!

2. BDazzler profile image77

I gotta tell ya Zam, it takes balls to stand up to the government like that. You must be nuts!  lol

40. maestrowhit profile image60
    maestrowhitposted 15 years ago

I think it's possible there are other human like beings out there somewhere. It's just too enormous for there not to be other life.

41. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

How can there not be other life, the universe is huge, maybe even bigger than the world wide web lol.

I believe in other life but do not believe in God, both cannot exist in my opinion. I respect religions but  cannot believe how naive people can be.

Taking my religion out of it for a moment   ... I wonder, from a strictly physically observable view point, and building on the "huge universe" comment ...

Would we know life if we saw it? Our defintion of life is based on what we observe here. As much as I love all of the Star Treks, I have my doubts that such life would be humanioid, (unless there is some kind of intellegent designer, which goes back to religion)

1. maestrowhit profile image60
        maestrowhitposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Intelligent design is not necessary in order for all things to be unified and interdependent. It sounds like you're suggesting that either there is a God/creator - or - everything is completely random. The fact is, nothing is random. But that doesn't prove the existence of a sole creator or intelligent designer.

Actually nothing proves anything.

And this seems to be the basis for believing just about anything big_smile

"You cannot prove it is wrong, therefore that is a good argument for believing."

Personally, I am looking forward to the time when we will have expanded our scientific horizons sufficiently enough to be able to identify other forms of life. I do not "believe," there are other forms of life out there, but I hope there is.

42. TravelMonkey profile image61
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

you should post the pic

43. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

For the sake of the human race, I hope life exists out there.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why?

Yes, why?

So we can jump off the planet we rape and pillage and do it somewhere else?  Not wanting to do the greenie thing here, but sometimes this escape route is not well thought out.  Perhaps alien life forms have their own set of issues and having to contend with ours is not in their best interests.  Good to keep themselves incognito for as long as possible.  We humans have allot to learn about societal living and if we can't keep our soil clean - blah blah blah, it's all been said before.

And the space junk - geez.  I wonder if they think we are the kingdom of the dregs already, who would want to make themselves known to a planet whos backyard is a disgusting mess.  Best not invite them for a bbq, they may get a closer look and run for the nearest black hole. roll

1. RKHenry profile image64
          RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Jewels, I take it your not into science.  Are you incapable of  seeing  the exploration of knowledge they could share with us?  You speak strictly from an enviromentalist perceptive.  That is an admiral position take place, though your temperament and tone left me with a completely different opinion of you.  How can you take someone like you serious when you can't respond back in a more approciate way. 

Lita I think that there is a possibility, beyond our Milky Way, of life.  Maybe this life can teach us advancements in science that no one of this earth has ever thought of.  Like how to use fossil fuels without pollution.  Or how to cure cancer with throat spray.  A hundred years ago, who would've ever guessed that a sugar cube with live polio germs would be the cure that has saved a million or more lives?  Where as Jewel is so centered, I find that you are a person who is capable of seeing the possible advancements that another life force could offer us.

It was your question "Why for the sake of the human race?"  Perhaps you could have elaborated on it further.  Was not my intention to berate you.  But I often see escapist attitudes with this question, I took that for granted - apologies if this was not your approach.

I'm extremely broad minded and love the science approach, at heart I'm a great cynic if that helps you.  I speak from a lateral standpoint and not one or the other.

But you have to admit we are making mince meat of this place, no?  And how can we know for sure knowledge from one planet applies to this one?  Love to know that one myself. 

I love astronomy, it's fascinating and awe inspiring and am grateful to those who do the physical exploration work so I get the benefits of it.  But I'm not happy about space junk, are you?

And it's great to be centered, you see allot of crap from this standpoint!

Jewels, that was not my intention.  Thank you for replying back. 

Yeah, no I completely agree with you on the matter of the environment.  As I said before you took on a very admiral[sp?] position.  We are making mince meat of this place.  I am not happy about the space station or all of the space junk we leave as waste in space.  But as I said, maybe another life form could tell us how to be better patrons on earth.   Personally the idea of aliens, scares the crap out of me.  But you know, I don't think they could do any worse than us humans.

It's scarey and fascinating at the same time.  Fear of the unknown most likely.  I wonder though whether we have already discovered things that help us but are not being used or encouraged.  Leads into the darn conspiracy theories unfortunately.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and maybe it's my cynical mind speaking, but I think we already know how to be better patrons of our own planet, we just don't bloody do it.

The space junk - not much lateral thinking on this problem when they started launching rockets.  What goes up is meant to come down, except when the laws of gravity don't apply.  No excuse for not doing something about this problem.  Leaving it up there solves the garbage problem here, but only moves it to another place.  Same as dumping stuff in the ocean, it's out of sight, out of mind until it bites us on the bum in some shape or form, and it does eventually.

Also I'm thinking twice about taking one of those tourist buses into space.  Likely to collide with an abandoned satellite.  Maybe it's a step closer to afterlife wanderings if you die up there?

I can't even imagine all the satellites that are now just wasted space.  Sickening.  I'm with you though, that trash is going to end up somewhere someday.

2. profile image0
            Leta Sposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Of course I believe there is other life in the galaxy.  I think it would be irrational not to believe so.

Other intelligent life teaching us?  Hmmm.  I dunno.  The movie Contact was pretty cool, though, I admit.

44. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I like to believe that we are not alone. I dont think we are ready for such a meeting though...I read an article about a certain document that has protocols in the event of aliens on earth and quarantines ..etc..because of radiation and prevent a public panic,etc,etc...I wouldn't want to visit Earthlings just yet...if I were a alien from space tongue lol

45. Tom Rubenoff profile image87
    Tom Rubenoffposted 15 years ago

The universe is so gigantic!  It is inconceivably big. 

I remember a few years ago scientists found a form of life that they didn't know existed.  It is something that lives on a lobster's face and it's neither animal nor vegetable.  Then, shortly after that they found some kind of bacteria, also neither animal nor vegetable, that lives in hot springs - springs so hot they are almost steam.  There probably remain forms of life we have yet to discover on our own planet, let alone other planets. 

I think that the odds are that someplace in this universe besides earth, there must be life.

46. Pest profile image78
    Pestposted 15 years ago

I have a hard enough time voting for Hub Nuggets...I say yes IMO

47. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

Pest I can see you right at home on Jupiter.  Those Jupiterian alien being thingys are just going to love you.

1. Pest profile image78
      Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I can see myself on uranus way before Jupiter...

1. Cris A profile image60
        Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

i was planning to stalk you Pest but I guess I'd make a detour. Uranus does not strike my fancy cool

1. Pest profile image78

Yes, Cris, but Uranus is awesome and second to none.  Uranus would definately be my first stop.

Hmmm you might have a point there. Uranus was named after the father of Saturn and Jupiter - so it must be the best planet! But still...  cool

1. Pest profile image78

So Uranus has a legacy, a story to tell as well as beautiful!  Uranus may be pretty, but it smells as Uranus is gasious.

But you'll find out soon enought as you're headed there. And of course it's gaseous like all planets are! So no worries - Uranus is the best place for you cool

2. Jewels profile image83

I have a soft spot for Uranus, and it's most unfortunate how it's pronounced.  I prefer my own pronounciation - ewe-ran-us, not your-anus, but whatever floats your boat.  Pest, you would probably fit right in on both planets.  Uranus bodes well with my rebellious nature, it's the rebel with a cause, highly electric, perhaps too electric that hyperactivity is common place - sound familiar?  Then Jupiter is that place where limits are not the go - anything goes, usually so excessive that there is the danger (depending on your standpoing) of going overboard.  Jupiter - you want to drink, drink heaps, want to eat - eat heaps, want sex - be a rabbit.

48. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 15 years ago

i think it is....

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)