jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you change your unwanted behavior?

1. kknde profile image60
    kkndeposted 6 years ago

How do you change your unwanted behavior?

I mean if you find that there is something that you want to change the way your are doing, or how do you remove a thought from your daily thoughts

2. ultimateteam11 profile image59
    ultimateteam11posted 6 years ago

just think before you do things, I have live in about 5 different place in the last ten years and after every place I found that there was people that disliked me so every time i moved country i changed my personality but unless you are moving it can be difficult for others to realise that you are different, it just goes to show that first impressions are everything

3. profile image50
    michelegoldsteinposted 6 years ago

The easiest way to change a behavioral habit is to replace it with a new one. The easiest way to remove a thought from your daily thoughts is to recognize it when it occurs, and then change it to something more productive, positive, and/or healthy.

4. mikejhca profile image92
    mikejhcaposted 6 years ago

To change your unwanted behavior you need to replace it with something.  You may need to do something to prevent yourself from sticking with your old habits.  For example you can move the chair or couch you usually sit on.

If you want to get rid of a thought you need to focus on something else.  When I meditate if an unwanted thought pops up I do not tell myself not to think about it.  Instead of focus on the thoughts I want to think about.  You could also try using visualization and affirmations