jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I want to go back to school for a masters degree. What field will be most releva

1. DowntroddenInDC profile image85
    DowntroddenInDCposted 6 years ago

I want to go back to school for a masters degree. What field will be most relevant in four years?

My undergraduate degree is in economics and mathematics.

2. dipless profile image82
    diplessposted 6 years ago

Do what you are passionate about, but something like an actuarial science masters will always be relevant and I believe the job prospects are pretty good.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Electrical engineering is a safe bet. Energy is the big thing. 60 years ago it was all about aeronautics. 40 years ago it was computers. 20 years ago it was communications technology. Now it's energy technology.

4. Bretsuki profile image77
    Bretsukiposted 6 years ago

It depends on what you may want to do with the degree. Do you want to teach a math degree would give you good prospects, there is a shortage of higher level math teachers at schools and colleges.

The thing to do is also examine what really interests you. I love history so am taking a Master's in that, because I'd like to learn more about the subject as well as use the degree to teach later.
    Taking a degree because it offers the best prospects generally is not a good idea if you don't enjoy what you are studying.

As a subject not to study I would say an MBA it seems everyman and his dog have MBA's at the moment.

5. keithlipke profile image57
    keithlipkeposted 6 years ago

Check out BLS.gov a great site with awesome resources

6. advocateforchild profile image58
    advocateforchildposted 6 years ago

The field that makes you happy and makes you look forward to going to work each day.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 6 years ago

The best degree for you is one that matches your abilities and that will produce meaningful income in the future.  Computer Programming would be a good bet for you with your background, but only if you like high stress detail oriented work.  Accounting would be another good field, but you probably will have to take more undergrad courses before you can go for a CPA.  Good luck!

working