Is this a curse or a blessing?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Miebakagh57 profile image68
    Miebakagh57posted 4 years ago

A girl got married at 12-years. She put to bed twice on two different occasions. Later, it was triplets. Then she began to put fours, and then fives! She lost two children in all. At 39-years she has mothered 38 living children all healthy!

Then, her husband left from the matrimonial home! She is taking care of all the children.

Her doctors told her she is very fertile and has a large ovary. Is it natures blessing or natures curse? What is your take?
    https://hubstatic.com/14517093_f1024.jpg

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Mother has lots of help and lots of love with all these children, (and she reaps the blessing.) In a natural setting, their senses will become fine tuned as they play, work and experience life together. They will all possess and amplify the joy of life and eventually adapt very well to their environment and learn to make it work for them.

That they have lost someone who could have helped them adapt to their environment is the real tragedy. Shame on Father for abandoning his post and his duty. He will reap Karma in more (38+?) ways than one, I can imagine!

Miebakagh57posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hello, Kathryn, you are much welcomed here. "Shame on Father for abandoning his post and his duty. He will reap Karma in more (38+?) ways than one, I can imagine!"

I agreed with you in this. Eventually, some fathers become sane and returned to the family with appology. Certain mothers, usually accept with wide-heartt love to the delight of the childrens.

Here is a woman, a mother, and a wife who heads, or fathers, feeds, house, clothe, and sent the children to school. She provides all the primary or basic primive necessities. Are women not more powerful then the man? Sweet motherhood indeed. The incident occured in a East African country called Kenya. Thank you.

Kenya is right next to Tanzania. These countries can be harsh, no?

Hi, Kathryn, these interlocuter East African countries are blessed. Something unique can happen there.

Yes, so I hear. smile

You are welcomed.

2. Live to Learn profile image61
      Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Is there no access to birth control in that country?

In the present, birth control is available in every continent and every country of the world. But certain persons are not disposable to use birth control techniques. Take my significant order as an example. When we married, I explain we should have one or two children for the meantime.

After the experience, we went to the family planning officer at the birth control clinic. It was cheap. Unknown to me, when the pill runs out, my wife did not inform me, and we made love. She carried again.

My investigation revealed that she promised herself to bear all the children she wants to until she ceased bearing!

Some communities in African settings have such mindset because anything any time can be got wrong with birth control. In other words, side effects can be dangerous to the birth of more children.

But this lady in question is highly fertilize. It seems that the birth control carried out (my opinion) failed. Nature is favorable to her to have such a large number of children. In India, I once read about a 60-year old woman who kept bearing children. She births altogether over 40 children. In my community, a lady was 32 years and she mothered 15 children. But I am married with 6 children.

Such cases are rare and unique. Nature is a blessing to such.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well, I get the bizarre claim of 'blessing' but such a claim does not feed, clothe and house a child. Many times a 'God will provide' comment more accurately means 'government subsidies will take care of our needs'.

Hi, Live to learn, here government subsidies is not in question. Analysis the word subsidies well...sub (under), and dies, (buried) you will see that those depending on the GS are WALKING DEADS!

I am sorry that you do not understand the word blessing clearly, but associated it with "God will provide" and "subsidies" so that it loses its total meaning.

If you bless a person, it will be well with him or her, agreed? The person then goes on doing good and receiving every help necessary to carry on with life.

If such a woman is my significant order, I am the happiest man in the world with all these children!

Why? You may ask. "Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." In other words, the more children you have, the happier you are, in spite of the fact that one man, one wife, and one child is the norm in Europe and Western societies.

For your information, I am married with 6 children. Thank you, and enjoy the day.

2. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

EXACTLY, Livetolearn.   EXACTLY!

2. gmwilliams profile image84

THAT is what I am thinking.    This woman needs to be sterilized.  She should have been sterilized many children ago.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
          GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If the decision was yours to make, would you have her sterilized?

Unfortunately, I think your answer would be yes, which leaves me with no further polite response.

GA

1. gmwilliams profile image84

Yes, the woman should have been sterilized children ago.  Unfortunately, she was never educated, she was married when she was a child.   In order to curb large families, girls must be educated & this education includes the importance of FAMILY PLANNING & CONTRACEPTION.   It is typically the uneducated or the less educated who have the LARGEST families, Gus.  Highly educated women typically have small families because they have more life options & choices whereas less educated & uneducated women have FEWER life options & choices.

Women who have few life options & choices are the ones who have babies ad continuum because they feel that they have nothing else.  This isn't only in third world countries but here in America.  Women who have the largest families are usually uneducated or less educated.  They don't have many life options.  They have a void in their lives which they "fulfill" by having a conglomerate of children.  If these women had outside hobbies, interests, & a JOB/CAREER, they wouldn't have SO MANY children.  My late father always instructed me to get AN EDUCATION & CAREER- he told me never be a housewife because when one becomes a housewife, one thinks of family life & children-resulting in having TOO MANY children-GREAT ADVICE he gave me!

2. nariahsia profile image58
    nariahsiaposted 4 years ago

hi how are you

3. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago

Sorry, can't bless overpopulation.  Since man has killed most animals, big fish and large plants on earth in the last 50 years.

1. gmwilliams profile image84

+10000000000000000000.  1-2 children are enough.  It is evident that this woman isn't educated.  It is the less educated, uneducated, & unintelligent among us who have the MOST children.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)