jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should there be a law put in motion to stop every type of BULLYING?

1. Menjia_Rose profile image60
    Menjia_Roseposted 6 years ago

Should there be a law put in motion to stop every type of BULLYING?

2. Jila777 profile image74
    Jila777posted 6 years ago

The authorities should do their jobs and enforce the laws that are already on the books to stop bullying and harrassment. Look at Washington D.C. and the state capitols across the country. Lawmakers waste too much of our money and waste too much time coming up with crazy legislation that doesn't solve the problems.

3. Buttercupbb profile image60
    Buttercupbbposted 6 years ago

My answer to your question is no, because I think the law already butts in too much and families sometimes do too little to teach their kids how to behave in civilization (I know, I've spent plenty of time in public schools).  I think more stress should be placed on parents to teach their children good manners and just how to be nice.  If you think about it, families are the building block of society, so it would be more effective if we start there.  Putting laws in place to stop bullying is just a band aid for the problem.

4. Menjia_Rose profile image60
    Menjia_Roseposted 6 years ago

I firmly think that there should be a law put in motion.  The," NO Bullying Law", should hold the child/children parents responsible. Only because being bullied causes emotional stress, insecurities, and low self-esteem to those being bullied. Over time these children that are being bullied eventually need therapy to help them cope. Do you think it's fair for the parents that has raised their child/children properly? Why should the parents of the bullied be responsible for out of pocket expenses for therapy, that another parent child/children have caused?

working