jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

IDEA federal education law the good, the bad, and the ugly.

1. poetvix profile image69
    poetvixposted 6 years ago

IDEA federal education law the good, the bad, and the ugly.

IDEA is considered controversial at best.  What would you consider to be its good and bad components?  What do you feel it has done and is still doing the state of education in America?  How would you improve it?

2. Jerrico Usher profile image56
    Jerrico Usherposted 6 years ago

Never heard of it, what is it? Have you written a hub about this?

3. Mark Pitts profile image60
    Mark Pittsposted 6 years ago

I had to Google IDEA to know what it was. I can't begin to claim a deep enough knowledge to offer anything professionally meaningful. I will read more of this very complicated piece of legislation, but until I do, I must defer to education professionals. I must say you are able to goad folks into more thought about more topics than they would have otherwise. Good job.

4. rutley profile image73
    rutleyposted 6 years ago

The general public wouldn't know about this unless they are an educator or Board of Education member.  People don't give a crap unless it affects them on a personal level, either with their kids or their job.  It has supplied important funding but implementation of certain things has been difficult.  Especially in small districts.

5. Sky9106 profile image75
    Sky9106posted 6 years ago

I think that I heard somewhere that they will make religion or belief a subject in the classroom. Well remember I said "I think" I am not sure of the wording , but they were discussing the repercussions, with all the different religions.

Will it be  a good thing ? I can't see why it won't. But that not my point. If I had the opportunity to suggest something. It will most definitely be an early class , discussing an understanding of God.
    I am sure it will be a the best thing mankind have ever done for children and himself Poetvix regardless of what we eventually implement , we will eventually realize that God is what's missing at home, in these times  and also in the classrooms.

what a question. I went ahead anyway. Bless.

6. leahlefler profile image98
    leahleflerposted 6 years ago

There is a lot of criticism regarding the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), frequently stating the cost of education, questions of efficacy, and concerns about mainstreaming children with significant disabilities. This article examines the criticisms and provides our personal example of success because of the IDEA law - equal opportunity and access to education is highly successful for the majority of students receiving specialized education services. read more

working