jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it a bad idea to give rich people free stuff (and more free money)?

1. kentuckyslone profile image86
    kentuckysloneposted 6 years ago

Is it a bad idea to give rich people free stuff (and more free money)?

We often hear about how our social and "welfare" programs are costing so much but rarely do we hear about the billions and billions of dollars and free services that are literally given to the wealthy. Why do we hear so much about the "free money" to the poor but not the "free money" to those who are already wealthy?

2. NateSean profile image74
    NateSeanposted 6 years ago

Because the wealthy are essentially running the country.

3. munirahmadmughal profile image60
    munirahmadmughalposted 6 years ago

The question is: Is it a bad idea to give rich people free stuff and more free money?

The answer is what is the result of such giving. If giving results in the welfare and well being of the mankind, the idea at human level is good. If giving results in mischief and disorder among mankind, the idea at human level is bad. What is beyond human level is universal policy of the Creator in which many other creations are also involved hence what is the hidden wisdom, unless that is revealed, the answer would be incomplete due to the unknown facts and circumstances. Hence, the giver is responsible to the extent of his own fair judgment, he will get its reward. If the rich betrays the trust reposed in him, the accountability is there, however, remote in time it may be. Accountability means reward and punishment in the ultimate judgment with full transparent fairness of the trial.

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Yes.  They can afford to buy things.  Don't spoil them.

5. Matt in Jax profile image67
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

If people knew exactly how many millionaires were nursing off of Medicare and other programs, they'd probably be more upset. Middle and lower classes just need to educate themselves and learn to take advantage of these programs as well.

6. IGiveInformation profile image64
    IGiveInformationposted 6 years ago

They don't need it so they don't really care about free stuff. They like to pay for things makes them feel better big_smile

7. Radamel profile image60
    Radamelposted 6 years ago

In there anyone here doing this.. What a silly thing.

8. ravenlt04 profile image62
    ravenlt04posted 6 years ago

Bad?  Hmm...  I do know people with less definitely could use many more financial breaks and "free stuff" before rich people (who already have all they need and more than others)!

9. ChristineVianello profile image60
    ChristineVianelloposted 6 years ago

I need to get rich to get free money. I did not know that they get free money. I thought nothing in the world was free except a library card.

10. beverleejb profile image60
    beverleejbposted 6 years ago

Yes I do because they are not in need of help
    Don't give to the well todo but give to the needy especially when there are children in those families
    The children are innocent