Have you got any side effects from spinal anesthesia?

1. soni2006 profile image80
    soni2006posted 6 years ago

Have you got any side effects from spinal anesthesia?

In 2005, I got operated for two kidney stones and they administered spinal anesthesia at RG Stone and Research Institute in East of Kailash. For a few months since my laser stone removal surgery, I kept on having a numb sensation in my right thigh.

2. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 6 years ago

There are always possibilities of side effects from not only  medicines, but  surgery, and anestthesia. Many side effects are not effident for years, as we don't know what affect it could have on tissues or organs, which is one reason many physicians monitor patients for years. The sensation of numbing is not life threatening, and could be a result of the sciatica being traumatized or nerves in that area reacting, however ..Speak to your doctor about this, possibly further tests may be required...if you do not get a satisfactory answer, speak with a Chiroprator..they study the body and can many times come up with solutions that the general world of medicine can't..would like to hear what transpires regarding the findings...keep us posted..and best of luck..

3. profile image53
    qpressngposted 6 years ago

This type of complication may result from the technique of anaesthesia used or the expertise of the anaesthisiologist and it may have resulted from the surgery itself. I think a nerve root was damaged during one of these two procedures and the effects may be quite distressing.
    Talk to your neurologist, he may have a few treatment options up his sleeves.