Is DNA really just a Cosmic Algorithm?

1. somethgblue profile image87
    somethgblueposted 6 years ago

Is DNA really just a Cosmic Algorithm?

There is a growing number of scientist interested in neural computation and the use of the human brain and nervous system to create more efficient algorithms. So my question isn't out of the blue. I hope to get some answers in lay mans terms as this is a complex field.

2. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

An algorithm is defined as a method of computation involving a finite list of procedures used to accomplish a specific outcome. Cosmic algorithm is a standardized way in measuring a functional size of software. It is extremely complicated. The human brains , after all, nothing more or less than a computer in itself. It stores software over years of life and is able to spit out stored knowledge as it is needed{hopefully and not affected by age, unlike a machine which would, most likely, have a much longer shelf life than human kind). As I understand it, DNA is a form of code and able to code for any form of information. As I see it, there could not be a more ideal specimen or example available for scientific research, than the human brain with all of its neurons. Experiments have been underway for quite a while and using human subjects as well as other animals, in the study of using the biological brain in the study of neural computation and the use of the brain as well as the entire nervous system, in the possible creation of more efficient algorithms. A metallic machine with all of its man made parts can be a daunting challenge when it comes to designing and producing a machine capable of competing with an organism that is specifically created to do this for a period of around 72 years in most humans, and was available due to the genetic provisions of two parents rather than designed and assembled in a factory with less than precise application, often times.The ability to "think" or compute is much more advanced in some individuals, and depends solely upon genetic links that have been shared by progenitors and lets face it, some were more ,what we call intelligent, than others. I.Q. is one factor looked at in the choice of some subjects in some of these studies. During the course of some of these experiments, it has been discovered that chimps and other members of the species are much more intelligent than was once thought, and had far more capacities in their brain power. It takes intelligence to produce intelligence, and that is the thesis upon which the brain study is based.

3. profile image0
    RobSchneiderposted 6 years ago

Check out Thomas Campbell's My Big TOE (Theory of Everything). He is a physicist who believes we live in a digital universe. He's pretty convincing, too. For an intro, you can look at this: … r-digital/