How can you help protect your child from bullies?

1. Angelique Newman profile image62
    Angelique Newmanposted 6 years ago

How can you help protect your child from bullies?

So many children are being bullied these days; what are some tips to help keep your child from being targeted?

2. profile image0
    kiasumamaposted 6 years ago

The best solution to this is to build up a strong character of the child. Tell him that if he is unfairly treated or being bullied, take up the courage and feedback to the parents or teachers. Do not be shy! If you step back, the bully will move forward. A lot of the time, parents or teachers are not there to see what actually happened. Hence, he is the only one who can protect himself, so if he dare not even to tell the parents or teachers, who can help him? Build up his character, strengthen him and be his friend, so he can at least tell you what happen.

3. denise.w.anderson profile image93
    denise.w.andersonposted 6 years ago

Bullying has to do with power. The powerful will bully the weak. Any child that is perceived to be weaker or in some way different to the point that they can be exploited will be bullied. My daughter with emotional disabilities was a frequent target, even from those of her own sex. The school counselor allowed my daughter to eat lunch in her office to keep lunch time incidents to a minimum. She also was the safety net my daughter went to when incidents happened at the school. At times, she would come hope upset by something that happened, and we would have to do emotional intervention with her and help her to think differently toward those people. We taught her to say how she felt, to understand how others might feel when they were treated in similar ways, and to let others know when they were doing something she did not like. As she grew in her ability to express her feelings, she was able to stand up to others and her peers became more accepting of her.