jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is it that makes you happy?

1. carter06 profile image82
    carter06posted 5 years ago

What is it that makes you happy?

The search for happiness it seems is an ongoing quest for psychologists. Do we really need conferences on 'Happiness and it's Causes' to find out the answer?

2. profile image0
    kiasumamaposted 5 years ago

There are many things can make me happy.
    1. I complete a task
    2. I feel loved.
    3. My family is happy
    4. I do something good for others.
    5. I feel His love to me
    etc, etc, etc,

3. Mathew James profile image81
    Mathew Jamesposted 5 years ago

the amount of happiness in a person's life is equal to the amout their reality exceeds their expectations of other people, people who keep their expectations low about other people will be happier in the long run then those who hold high expectations of others

4. Christofers Flow profile image93
    Christofers Flowposted 5 years ago

What is it that makes me happy?

Since I am a kind of "giggler" or "laugher" people perceive that I am happy, and so they have asked this same question, and I have answered this question orally many times throughout my life.

There is something to be said for "nature".  That's what people have said to me in the past.  It is easy to let that be the end of it and stop thinking about it.  However, it is true that I have a happy nature, I also have a dramatic nature and a sense of tragedy and ominous clouds floating over me. 

So, whenever you talk about nature, you must deal with the complexity of nature and life itself.  When you point at someone and declare that they are happy by nature, you must also admit that that smile may have been constructed over night in the face of grim personal issues, or bad news multiplied with other bad news.

This leads me naturally to my answer. You begin with a determination to be happy, because you know how wonderful it makes you feel.  With your strong determination, you accept all that life has given to you and bestowed upon you.  Many miserable people spend their lives bemoaning existence all the time.

Once you have accepted what is yours, you organize yourself with a positive framework for dealing with the good, the bad, the in between.  Amazingly, it is not always the good that brings pure happiness.  The bad often has seeds of happiness within.  The inbetween is loaded with opportunities.  Happiness is therefore a creative act.  It is not bequeathed from angelic sources, or special DNA.  It is a beautiful act of daily divine effort that works with Providence and your special personal hope.

5. profile image53
    strategistspeaksposted 5 years ago

The onlyt thing that can make you happy is getting a chance to do stuff that you like.

For example,an engineer who always aspired to become a filmmaker,but is working in a big IT firm with a fat pay check will never be happy.He will always pretend that he will be.But unless he realises his dreams he will continue his mental struggle.

working