jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What should the people of the world know about Carbon Credits and Emissions Trad

1. Pearldiver profile image82
    Pearldiverposted 5 years ago

What should the people of the world know about Carbon Credits and Emissions Trading?

What are the key factors that should be considered in regard to these issues?

2. Kelley Eidem profile image58
    Kelley Eidemposted 5 years ago

It's a fiction, not much different than "The Emperor's New Clothes."

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

That it's a SCAM.

The common person has so little to do with the pollution that giant corporations produce that it's purely a SCAM to think that any common person owes anyone anything in the way of tax or "credits" for their "carbon footprint."

The United States Military is the WORLD'S SINGLE BIGGEST POLLUTER - tax those silly bastards, and all the war monger filth in congress.

4. Candie V profile image65
    Candie Vposted 5 years ago

I have nothing brilliant to share.. nothing.. not an opinion.. or a thought.. completely blank.. clueless.. I brought a sandwich if you get hungry later, tho!

5. Dorsi profile image90
    Dorsiposted 5 years ago

This hub I wrote quite sometime back does not address everything about carbon credits but does explain carbon footprints and offsets: http://dorsi.hubpages.com/hub/Whats-You … -Footprint

Hope this helps.

6. Davesworld profile image60
    Davesworldposted 5 years ago

Carbon credits are, well you be the judge.  Suppose my Doctor tells me I'm obese and I need to lose weight, but instead what I do is find 10 other people who want to go on a diet.  I pay them each $10 per pound for their weight loss which encourages them in their diets and they each lose 5 lbs this month.  Now I can walk into the Doctor and say look, I'm directly responsible for the loss of 50 lbs of body fat, aren't I wonderful.

But my situation is unchanged.  If you want to be serious about reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, then walk the walk - don't pay somebody else to do it for you and then congratulate yourself on how good you are.

working