jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

If you could live in another time period when would it be and why?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image89
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

If you could live in another time period when would it be and why?

2. ixwa profile image85
    ixwaposted 6 years ago

For me... That will be in the future which we have not yet experienced, know-of nor seen, I  would aver. That would be at a time of the unseen, unknown, and unexperienced, yet knowable, can be experienced and seen time period. I would like to live in that future time period when we know extensively what lies beyond our earth orb, Milky Way and areas which the Milky Way is part of, and beyond. As to whether there's life of whatever elsewhere beyond our present ability to know about it, see and experienced, is not my pre-occupation nor concern here; but  I dream would be that type of time period time period to have to live in. "Being"(To Exist) will be of the future time, dreaming makes it possible to at least see, know and feel it. The present  limited existence we are part of, is a revolving and endless pit we are inevitably  headed towards with our earth space-ship churning towards the black Hole in the center of the universe. Maybe our present behavior is our revulsion of that reality, knowingly of not not.That to me is a time period worth wishing, and who know, maybe thoughts in another Time Dimension we have here on earth an make that possible... If this sound unusual, what makes us think that anything in this vast fast moving universe, consumed and expanded by dark mater, makes is impact felt as it hurls into the eternal abyss of vastness and forever eternal space. ... That would be a time period I would stake my everything and possessions (If I had any) to live for, see, experience and consciously know, I would love to go to and live in... Chiming in my two cents...

3. nuttyforbuffalo profile image60
    nuttyforbuffaloposted 6 years ago

For me i would pick the 1960's and become a business man. I really like the old fashion way of doing business, like taking clients out to dinner, always in a suit, and everyone having a secretary. Although as a man going back in time would mean having to fight in one war or another, and the farther you go back the harder life becomes. Thats why i would want to stay anywhere after WWII and the start of the modern era.

1. Isa28 profile image57
      Isa28posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to live in a gentler time (if that is possible) when people didn't hate their neighbour, when people helped each other in times of trouble.  Or am I just dreaming of Utopia?

2. profile image50
      Donnaisabella15posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I'd like to go back to meet up with the real Jesus and get to the truth about him as I don't feel the bible tells the whole story, just what they want us to know.  This was helpful to me: www.thetruejesus.org

4. e-five profile image95
    e-fiveposted 5 years ago

I don't think I'd want to live permanently in another time, but I wouldn't mind going back to sometime in the mid-1950s just to see and experience a lot of things I missed by growing up in the 1970s. 

For example, I'd love to hear some of the Be Bop jazz legends and vocalists play live in a nightclub-- by the time I became an adult the nightclub scene was long dead, killed by TV.  I'd want to go to a baseball game at Ebbets Field and some other classic ballparks; visit old Pennsylvania Station in NYC; take some long streetcar rides around downtowns before the suburbs drained them of life; go to some movies at some of the enormous, grand movie palaces; and generally get the feel and rhythm of a bygone era.  Chances are I'd be happy to get back to the 21st Century after a year of visiting 1956, but I'd have a better comparison between eras.