jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think is your purpose in this life?

1. LailaK profile image77
    LailaKposted 5 years ago

What do you think is your purpose in this life?

2. swb64 profile image59
    swb64posted 5 years ago

Hmmm? where and best possible to try make folks smile...

http://swb64.hubpages.com/hub/fun-fun-fun

It can be hard work but, positive purposes must prevail over negative ones, I reckon!

3. ahmed.b profile image75
    ahmed.bposted 5 years ago

The purpose of this life is to develop love for others, serve others, and think  "larger than life" and while keeping one's own self aside. This is I think also the divine purpose of someone's creation.  The thing I am talking about is not to change your profession and opening a charity trust. Neither it is to leave everything going to join redcross as volunteer. The thing I am talking is something you can practice while still doing whatever you are doing to suite your talent and skills. Though initially seems to be difficult, but give it a try atleast for one day in life. And I am sure that would be among most fulfilled and acomplished day in the life.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

It depends whether you mean a general purpose or a specific one.

Way back in 1986 I experienced one of those 'Rebirthing' sessions where I was taken right back to the time I was born.   The answer which came as a baby-voice from my own lips cried out.   "Why do I make so many people miserable when -  I was born to make people happy.   That is what I was 'borned' for."

So, in my particular case, I believe I was born to "make people happy."

But how?   How, specifically?   Well, obviously doing the right thing by others comes into it.   The adage, "Do unto others" and all that.   But finding a specific purpose, that is often a more difficult thing to find out.   

However, if you examine your life you will probably find you not only have a propsensity for a certain way of life but even a love of it.  It will probably be something you've been pursuing as an interest or hobby for most of your life. 

This could be your guidance; this the indicator.   Go with it.  If it feels right, it is.
    With me, it is Communicating/Writing/Presenting/Teaching/Storytelling. 

Find out what yours is and set to.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would say my purpose was to mother my two children and to be a grandmother to my grandchildren.  I'm content with that.

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

To Live.................

Let it mean to you, what it means..............

7. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 5 years ago

My purpose in life is to contribute to the happiness of others through writing and public speaking.

Currently writing a non-fiction inspirational book. 

Blessings, Sparklea smile

8. Naima Bilal profile image58
    Naima Bilalposted 5 years ago

Well I have faith that we are here to be tested what we do with the abilities bestowed to us. And in my life so many questions are un answered........ the next life might answer them...... Lets wait and c! Nyways it was a philosophical question.... which reminds me I so often think of me in a grave what would happen there!

working