jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is important when it comes to maintaining a positive relationship with your

1. Sonya L Morley profile image60
    Sonya L Morleyposted 5 years ago

What is important when it comes to maintaining a positive relationship with your mother?

2. my-success-guru profile image60
    my-success-guruposted 5 years ago

When it comes to maintaining a positive relationship with your mother what is important is realizing that moms have a special bond with you and love you a lot. So they may seem like they are trying to control your life at times but just remember they mean well and really want the best for you. They have have gone down many of the paths you're going so they have more experience to make wise decisions. So try to cut your mom some slack but still maintain a healthy balance of letting her be a part of making decisions in your life.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Communication and the ability to put yourself in her shoes for a little while. I know mothers sometimes seem like they interfere or want to be controlling in your life - but try to realize it is coming from their great love for you.

Sit and talk, and listen to what the have to say.  See if you can learn about who they were when they were young and how they felt.  It is an opportunity that may pass one day.

Also keep a keen sense of humor.  That serves us well in all situation.

4. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

I agree with DuffsMom. You really need to remember that your mother is human. She needs encouragement and love to keep up her loving work. You guide your relationship with your mother and you will see one day how well she achieved her goals.

5. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I think it is important to value her as a friend. Learn to listen to her and to understand her needs.  Do not forget to talk with her as often as possible.  My mother gave me the gift of laughter and it lead me to looking at life with a positive attitude. It is your chance to return her love.

working